1 hour ago, ANF said:

Surely you have a set in your stash....

It is a UK import, but runner up at a concours should see it all good you would think?

Always worth a good look at a UK car.

I can tell you a manual GTS is a very good thing. Sports seats too :)

The original wheels go with it. If I were him, they’d go straight back on for the ad. Soooo much better looking and if you’re going for higher $, it’s a no brainer

14 minutes ago, GUT said:

Always worth a good look at a UK car.

I can tell you a manual GTS is a very good thing. Sports seats too :)

The original wheels go with it. If I were him, they’d go straight back on for the ad. Soooo much better looking and if you’re going for higher $, it’s a no brainer

I have heard they are a good drive, I will see one day :)

Agree, stick the proper wheels back on it!

They look too big! (the 18s)

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, JLD said:

It could be worth $250,000 one day. Like in 2150 when a can of coke costs $1000 ?

If it was a rare, desirable and completely standard 928 that price and time are not that distant!

928 CS is the one most likely (and the GTS), well.... outside of this country anyway - Australia still very much dismisses the  928.

This particular car.....

On 9/16/2018 at 1:20 AM, ANF said:

"YES that is the price this car will bring in a few years time"

Seems like a reasonable statement. Depends what "a few years" means to you! Great car :D

20 minutes ago, ANF said:

There's a fine line between that and uncontrolled laughter..... :)

You can get 2 cents worth of satisfaction with mockery even as he hears your uncontrolled laughter over the phone as you negotiate him down with your reasonable offers as he invited. I'd start at $8000 and listen to his laughter as you work upwards to "reasonable" price. $15000?

16 minutes ago, Troubleshooter said:

You can get 2 cents worth of satisfaction with mockery even as he hears your uncontrolled laughter over the phone as you negotiate him down with your reasonable offers as he invited. I'd start at $8000 and listen to his laughter as you work upwards to "reasonable" price. $15000?

Car has been listed for quite some time prior to the $250k for $25k.... 

I does present (in the pics) very well. The thing putting most off would be the 380k km (this amount of km will always put off buyers in Australia). The things putting me off are the wheels and other mods.....

The 4.5 cars are desirable in Europe, with some going near or over $100k!

as for a reasonable price now... low 20's with some left over for new wheels :)

4 hours ago, ANF said:

That's funny Dave until you work out how much that would be.... :huh:

Yeah true - I just did the conversion

Its a nice car - put on the correct wheels, gear shifter and steering wheel on - swap out the under hood insulation with factory, put in a period correct radio and it presents well and would be a $30k car

6 minutes ago, KGB said:

Who was it that said; the Porsche 928 V8 is good for 400,000km between rebuilds?

No idea, but there is no reason an engine (any engine) can go for that long or even more with proper care. The 928 became a cheap car to buy and some buyers therefore saw it as a cheap car to "maintain".....

Outside factors have damaged my engine and the bits that are not damaged (ie 7 x bores/ pistons and most of the crank bearings) are perfect!!

4 hours ago, Troubleshooter said:

So the $250,000 trophy is due for a rebuild - what's the coin on that? $25,000? plus auto? plus plus plus... I'd always hunt out an average or low k car...or one with an already rebuilt donk

Ok you give me $25k to rebuild a 928 engine :D boy I could do with some spare cash!!

Someone I know pulled down 2 928 engines, one with 200k odd km and the other near 400k odd, both were put back together due to insufficient wear on the  crank and bore with only head work done.... if they are looked after can go forever.... :)

3 hours ago, ANF said:

Someone I know pulled down 2 928 engines, one with 200k odd km and the other near 400k odd, both were put back together due to insufficient wear on the  crank and bore with only head work done.... if they are looked after can go forever.... :)

Unlike any other internal combustion engine ever built! 

On 9/16/2018 at 1:20 AM, ANF said:

? Way to go fella, we knew they'd pass 911 prices eventually!

Based on this I'll list my car at $325,000 and no reasonable offer refused! ??

928 Nut.

IMG_4517.JPG

• 3 weeks later...