924 and 924 turbo market watch - oz market

The interior and exterior look good. Typically the steering wheels are the three spoke ones, MY82 may have changed, it would be worth checking the vin.  Worth checking the VIN full stop of course, that will tell you whether it's an original.

Engine looks a little tired … suspect all the hoses will need to be replaced, along with a few other things. Least, from what I could see, everything looks original … and the engine is from a later model turbo. 

2 hours ago, 901er said:

What was the outcome with this one, do y’all still think it’s a fake? I want one

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1981-Porsche-924-Turbo-Manual/SSE-AD-5949848?pageSource=details&id=SSE-AD-5949848

This one is a UK import ... it would need to be checked over bodywise for rust ..

I have seen other photos of this one and while I think it is an original turbo, I still just can't get my head around the fuel filler cap which is typical of a pre '79 model. The VIN is a 1981 onwards so it truly just doesn't make any sense to me.

The steering wheel should be a 3 spoke but I believe this one is typical of a UK car ...

BTW ... you are right to want one .. mine is the biggest thrill to drive and it always leaves me wanting to just keep driving ...

1 hour ago, 901er said:

I quite like the two tone exterior colour scheme ... very period. We didn't get them here.

Way way way overpriced!! ... Will be sitting for a while.

14 hours ago, Dreamr said:

I quite like the two tone exterior colour scheme ... very period. We didn't get them here.

Way way way overpriced!! ... Will be sitting for a while.

Yes, definitely overpriced. All though, still cheaper than a 911...

My SC was brown with brown interior and I always really liked it. Only challenge is if you need to replace a trim item, more difficult to get a brown piece.

Like the condition and look of this turbo. It will be interesting to see if it does sell, if it is indeed '82, then it's more rare then the regular turbos... which may make some parts difficult to source.

6 minutes ago, bear924 said:

My SC was brown with brown interior and I always really liked it. Only challenge is if you need to replace a trim item, more difficult to get a brown piece.

Like the condition and look of this turbo. It will be interesting to see if it does sell, if it is indeed '82, then it's more rare then the regular turbos... which may make some parts difficult to source.

I've seen some paperwork on this one and it has an 01/82 production date and an 05/82  sold date. The figures on the net say that the Turbo's were still made in '82 for the US and Japan. This one was sold in the UK so probably one of the last ones allocated outside those 2 countries ... possibly pre-sold so supplied to UK.

I wouldn't think that parts would be any harder than an '81 model ... they are both still series 2 and I can't imagine anything changed between the years ...

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, crsedge said:

Big claim saying ‘the best 924t in Australia’.... also I can’t say I agree with ‘modernising’ the interior. I would cry if he removed pasha for his modern trim

• 3 months later...
5 hours ago, michel said:

This puppie again... was  on gumtree earlier this year ? with an optimistic ask...

Anyone here buy it? 

should the price guide be 5-10k 

looks sweet though 

https://www.shannons.com.au/auctions/2019-shannons-sydney-spring-classic-auction/VK81ECIB79WGMCT7/

I'd be double surprised if it went for their estimate .. after all it is just a standard 924 with a bolt on unit. Certainly might be a bit of fun but has no collector / sought after value  ... 

On 07/11/2019 at 18:08, Dreamr said:

I'd be double surprised if it went for their estimate .. after all it is just a standard 924 with a bolt on unit. Certainly might be a bit of fun but has no collector / sought after value  ... 

I was thinking that it would be fun as well …. then I saw the auto!! This car is a niche in a niche.

Very tidy though!

40 minutes ago, bear924 said:

I was thinking that it would be fun as well …. then I saw the auto!! This car is a niche in a niche.

Very tidy though!

Ha! ... didn't even see the auto bit ..

Now I'll be triple surprised if it gets it's estimate .. 

• 3 months later...
9 hours ago, 901er said:

I think this one may have passed through CTS a couple of years ago. Looks good. 

https://classicthrottleshop.com/1981-porsche-924-turbo-diamond-silver/

It got sold either 2 or 3 years ago I enquired about it,the car looks tidy interesting that it's for sale again I'm sure one of the fellow members on here will recognize it maybe ex Queensland car.

54 minutes ago, bear924 said:

The gear lever looks odd to me.  Also, the turbo pipe looks like a S1 pipe, except it's a S2.  Wonder if it's an early S2 before they changed the turbo pipe?

I never noticed the gear lever ... yep! It looks really weird! .. 🤔

It says in the spiel that it was delivered in Sept '81 so not an overly early S2 ...