924 and 924 turbo market watch - oz market

23 hours ago, Dreamr said:

I heard that it was sold before it hit the internet ... it was only advertised for advertising sake.

The $$$ amount has been rumored to be $40k ... 

No way? $40k? OMG IF that's true it's a great profit for someone 

14 hours ago, MARTY said:

No way? $40k? OMG IF that's true it's a great profit for someone 

Sad thing is that if I sold my 924 for $40k, I probably wouldn't be in profit when I consider the varied bits and bobs I've done the years.  

Thing is, as of today there are 3 924s for sales on carsales. Compare this with 17 356s, 6 968s, 26 930s and 38 928s …. in short, these things are becoming rare even in NA guise.  If someone wanted one, especially a sorted turbo, there aren't that many to pick from.  Doesn't make them valuable (yet) however they are now unique. 

I'm going to a C&C tomorrow with the 924T and I've organised for another red one to come along as well .. mine is a series 1 and his is a series 2 ... I can't remember any show that I've been to that has had even 1 924T let alone 2 ... 

10 hours ago, bear924 said:

Sad thing is that if I sold my 924 for $40k, I probably wouldn't be in profit when I consider the varied bits and bobs I've done the years.  

Thing is, as of today there are 3 924s for sales on carsales. Compare this with 17 356s, 6 968s, 26 930s and 38 928s …. in short, these things are becoming rare even in NA guise.  If someone wanted one, especially a sorted turbo, there aren't that many to pick from.  Doesn't make them valuable (yet) however they are now unique. 

To be fair I think Gumtree and FB marketplace is the most likely sales forum for these cars now.

I reckon the owner of the 924 Turbo on Gumtree has quite a few 924 cars around the place.

In fact a bit of negotiation with three of the sellers could net you four cars for a bit over $4 k total😉

On 23/02/2020 at 07:58, 9er said:

To be fair I think Gumtree and FB marketplace is the most likely sales forum for these cars now.

I reckon the owner of the 924 Turbo on Gumtree has quite a few 924 cars around the place.

In fact a bit of negotiation with three of the sellers could net you four cars for a bit over $4 k total😉

Yes, fair point .. cost of the car sales ad probably worth more than the cars.  There's still not a huge number for sale on gumtree … scarcity doesn't equal valuable however if you actually wanted a nice example it would require some effort.  

I keep half an eye open for my previous 77.5 924 which was my first Porsche. It was white and had a non standard interior trim so should stick out however I haven't seen it emerge.  Not sure what I'd do if I actually stumbled across it … 

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, eljimberino said:

A ripper was sold on gumtree today. A blue 1981 turbo for 10k in geelong

Do you have a link for it. I want to check to see if it was my old one. It started life as non turbo but after I blew the motor up I put a turbo on it.

1 hour ago, 3legs said:

Do you have a link for it. I want to check to see if it was my old one. It started life as non turbo but after I blew the motor up I put a turbo on it.

It was a genuine 924 turbo ... it was green. I don't know if it was an Aussie car or not but there was 1 tell-tale sign that it could be and another that said maybe not (although it may have been an addition that I've not seen before on an Aussie car)  ...

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, bear924 said:

924 turbo up for auction at grays. Looks in good condition and has A/C, suggest anyone looks at getting a 924 turbo should check it out.

https://www.graysonline.com/lot/0016-20007006/classic-cars/1980-porsche-924-turbo-manual-coupe-australian-delivered?spr=true

If you look carefully you'll notice that it's on the WOVR, so might not be able to register it in some states .. 😪

I wonder what made it be placed on the WOVR.

Apart from a loose front bumper it looks ok to me although that stupid aftermarket sunroof would annoy the crap out of me. Still, not hard to fix.

It must have been something that the insurance company didn't think was financially viable to repair ... tread carefully would be my advice.

I also noticed that the side protection moldings are missing ... something to do with it?? Dunno ..

1 hour ago, 3legs said:

There are some sill mouldings on the sides and the RHS looks like it might be hiding some rust. Bit hard to tell.

Here's an old Unique cars add for the same car back in Sept 2017.

https://www.tradeuniquecars.com.au/news/1709/porsche-924-turbo-todays-tempter

If it’s that car I went to have a look at it when it was for sale if I’m honest it was a dog it did have a dent in the wing like the one for sale at grays plus the sunroof had tape on it, at the end of the test drive I did ask him how he came to value it so high

21 hours ago, Dreamr said:

If you look carefully you'll notice that it's on the WOVR, so might not be able to register it in some states .. 😪

Oppps ... looks like I need to look a little harder.  I didn't even notice the sunroof ... thought the front panels looked a little off however my excuse is that I didn't exactly study the car.

So like I said when I originally posted "suggest anyone looks at getting a 924 turbo should NOT check it out.

Sold!!!

https://www.graysonline.com/lot/0016-20007006/classic-cars/1980-porsche-924-turbo-manual-coupe-australian-delivered?spr=true

for $15609. Bidding ended at 8pm Adelaide time but they kept getting bids (as per their rules) until 8.30pm.

The bids ended $12909 then there must have been some spirited bidding going on between 2 or 3 parties until they finally settled on $15609.

Not sure I would have paid that much for it ( certainly without seeing it for myself).

26 minutes ago, 3legs said:

Sold!!!

for $15609. Bidding ended at 8pm Adelaide time but they kept getting bids (as per their rules) until 8.30pm.

The bids ended $12909 then there must have been some spirited bidding going on between 2 or 3 parties until they finally settled on $15609.

Not sure I would have paid that much for it ( certainly without seeing it for myself).

Plus buyers premium, nearly 17k! 

1 minute ago, michel said:

Well if anything  it’s encouraging for those holding a 924t

a mate sold a nice red one, late last year and taking into account the white one sold, comparatively sold it cheap. 

After the new buyer dropped by mine on the way home from picking it up, I STILL can't believe he sold it ... has to be one of, if not the nicest one in Oz ... 🤯

As for the white one that just sold at Grays .... mind blown that one on the WOVR would get so high ... 

I hope the new buyer didn't miss that little tidbit ... that would be a surprise of the nasty kind!! ...