924 and 924 turbo market watch - oz market

14 minutes ago, James P said:

He's got the same style house as yours James 😁

Price is a tad high I would say

Even if it is a 1979 model, its not worth any more than any other year model. Yes, not many were made or left, but they are no more valuable .. period.

I’ve just been looking at his photos again, and it’s presented so badly that the seller is tripping if he thinks it’s worth $50k ...

26 minutes ago, TINGY996 said:

With full respect to you Rod, that price is ridiculous. Agreed a rare thing but.....

What I meant is in regards to my previous post was this seller has no idea of the production numbers of RHD 924 turbos.You  only have to look at some of the UK 924 Facebook pages to realize that there are quite a few RHD 924 turbos around there would easily be more than 10 in Australia alone.

I don't think we have ever seen a 79 model, the thing the seller is missing is that the compliance plate date  12/79 is not the year model for the car, as James mentioned above thats in the Vin number. Porsche usually start to produce next years model around September. If the car gets lucky on the ship and cuts through customs then it can sometimes be ready before the new year. Porsche have to start production a few months before the end of the year or else there will be no cars ready for sale

2 hours ago, Dreamr said:

So ... for those of you in the know and are connected ... does anyone know what happened to the $50k - 1 of 10 worldwide, super rare and valuable  924 Turbo??

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/cowes/cars-vans-utes/porsche-924-turbo-australian-delivered-12-1979/1267298010

I heard a rumour, Gosford car museum purchased it

18 hours ago, Dreamr said:

So ... for those of you in the know and are connected ... does anyone know what happened to the $50k - 1 of 10 worldwide, super rare and valuable  924 Turbo??

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/cowes/cars-vans-utes/porsche-924-turbo-australian-delivered-12-1979/1267298010

Sorry, the ad is no longer available.:ph34r:

• 1 month later...

Hey, anyone familiar with this car. I'm assuming it sold pretty recently. Looks like it was listed on carsales.

A marketwatch is a great idea for discussion about current listings. It might make sense to create one for 944's as well if anyone interested.

Sorry I'm new, is this an appropriate spot to post this question?

924turbo.thumb.jpg.bbf127f08246356a723a9d06065e0a89.jpganyone fa

This was owned by a member on here. He sold it maybe a couple of months ago. It went on a road-trip from Queensland to Perth where it went back up for sale. I think it sold again, but not sure where it went.

It is a UK import car so sold at a lower cost than an Aussie car. Don’t know if you’ve entered that minefield yet, but good luck when you do ... 😅 

1 hour ago, Diclofenac said:

Hey, anyone familiar with this car. I'm assuming it sold pretty recently. Looks like it was listed on carsales.

A marketwatch is a great idea for discussion about current listings. It might make sense to create one for 944's as well if anyone interested.

Sorry I'm new, is this an appropriate spot to post this question?

924turbo.thumb.jpg.bbf127f08246356a723a9d06065e0a89.jpganyone fa

Have you established what this is worth to you ?

2 hours ago, Diclofenac said:

A marketwatch is a great idea for discussion about current listings. It might make sense to create one for 944's as well if anyone interested....

This has a fair bit of info about the sales of them as they pop up in the market....