924 and 924 turbo market watch - oz market

I'm currently doing those fuel lines as part of my engine rebuild project. I'm also redoing the fuel injection hose lines as I understand they can let go and cause a fire (I've had the line from the clutch reservoir fail and cause a fire before... not fun) . So my research has led me to believe that the best way to redo the fuel lines is to purchase the rubber hose and make them up from there. Late last year I purchased the hose from the US and have successfully trialed making one connection, currently waiting for my fuel lines to be cleaned up then I'll try rebuilding the entire system.

Here's something to read about it:

http://924board.org/viewtopic.php?t=41368&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/technical-q/13095-308-f-i-plastic-lines-injectors-weak-design-4.html

http://www.unobtaniumsupply.com/

I didn't end up purchasing my line from unobtanium.. however can't find my supplier by googling. I'll have a look in my shed tomorrow and post an update. I went with the original OEM look of the rubber outer, fuel line inner.

If I'm successful at making my lines up I could probably do others however won't be able to until my 924 is back on the road (and when you see how many boxes of bits I have in my shed, you might decide not to hold your breath :-) )

I purchased my fuel hose from belmetric.com, an example of the hose I'm talking about is 

https://www.belmetric.com/rubber-insulated-polyamide-c-14_184_1167/rhpoly6x12-rubbed-insulated-polyamide-6x12mm-p-6771.html?zenid=brt7l69stsq5fgrh223alo3ke0

Note: I have not cross referenced part numbers etc. Use the part numbers in my previous post and you''ll find them. I also realised I didn't mention that the hoses are cohline hoses. I contacted cohline and asked if they had an Australian distributor and they told me that they did not. 

Last point. I was also able to purchase the braided air hoses from belmetric that will match the original as mine had all gone quite hard.

And no... I am not the new owner of a brown 924t.... I was actually impressed at how quickly it sold, nice car though.

• 3 weeks later...

I agree about the 924 on gumtree, a very clean looking example at a price that seems about right to me.

Last night I was on the Gosford museum website as I'm considering a visit on the way home from the PFA tasmania trip. Note that the brown 924 turbo mentioned in this post is still listed as being for sale on their website.

Edited by bear924
Added the comment about the 924 turbo.

I want it just for the rear badge! Can't find one for mine...

There are a couple for sale on ebay US ..... have seen them over the past week or so ....

I thought you had found one .... otherwise I would have posted some links for you.

I agree about the 924 on gumtree, a very clean looking example at a price that seems about right to me.

Last night I was on the Gosford museum website as I'm considering a visit on the way home from the PFA tasmania trip. Note that the brown 924 turbo mentioned in this post is still listed as being for sale on their website.

I enquired 3 weeks ago on the Gosford car  and they said it was under offer and will let me know if it falls through. Might still be worth a look

Edited by 901er

I must admit I am new to the world of front engined cars, but I'm pretty sure these aren't 8k cars anymore, that ships sailed...for the good ones anyway

A 924 N/A can still be found for $8k and under .....

A turbo is a slightly different proposition ... the problem is that their state of repair is so different that it's hard to price them without seeing them on an individual basis...

What I do knknow is that even a "nice" or even "really nice" turbo isn't worth anywhere near $39k ....

I'm thinking good 924T's meaning beauties are  more than what most would consider paying. There have been a couple in the last 6-12 months that were on car sales for around 20k initially and aside from that UK white one probably make in hindsight good  buying 

The value proposition on these cars in terms of fun versus initial buy in is ??? if you're into 70's turbo tech and styling what else is out there generally that can compare ? Saab 99 , 2002, 930! ?  In P choice the 930 in today's market ain't even in the same bookshelf let alone page and the 924 even more 'rarer'

Most, probably cost just as much again and more to put right, making a. couple of  those 15-20k cars from 2016 , smart.

But even if they cost ya double triple the buy it's still likely less than the cost of a full rebuild on a 930 motor.

Even the shitty ones are fun, dings rust n dust torn seats don't negate it ?

PS is that silver T originally from QLD ? 

PPS agreed lots  of money if it needs a repaint and a fiddle.

Though  out of curiosity if say it was owned by Warwick Cappa and or was the first 924 T delivered what would be reasonable ? 

I'm thinking good 924T's meaning beauties are  more than what most would consider paying. There have been a couple in the last 6-12 months that were on car sales for around 20k initially and aside from that UK white one probably make in hindsight good  buying 

The value proposition on these cars in terms of fun versus initial buy in is ??? if you're into 70's turbo tech and styling what else is out there generally that can compare ? Saab 99 , 2002, 930! ?  In P choice the 930 in today's market ain't even in the same bookshelf let alone page and the 924 even more 'rarer'

Most, probably cost just as much again and more to put right, making a. couple of  those 15-20k cars from 2016 , smart.

But even if they cost ya double triple the buy it's still likely less than the cost of a full rebuild on a 930 motor.

Even the shitty ones are fun, dings rust n dust torn seats don't negate it ?

The problem isn't the fun element ..... it's the cost to put right ....

If someone is forking out $10k on a shitter, the last thing they want to do is invest another $20k on repairs .... plus the extensive time the car is off the road due to non available parts, hard to get ones or just time to come from O/S .....

It goes back to the old attage  ..... buy the best one you can afford ....