912 US barnfind OTLW project

turboT

Well this wasn't really supposed to happen.

Several false starts of projects over the last two years, but maybe the recent selling of a local yellow 'street find' 912 tipped the balance. That and the fact that this dusty, engine-less example was being saved and the seller only wanted $9K

This could be fun. A journey to be had back from the US, a possible 4 pot engine build on route, design and planning. The end game?  Not sure yet...

IMG_6240_zps9zvsvju2.jpg

IMG_6242_zpsyanzsuqo.jpg

IMG_6241_zpse3kdvigv.jpg

IMG_6243_zpsgjafrftt.jpg

Good one T. I saw your interest on this on FB, impressed that you pulled the trigger. 

I'm thinking low and on steelies like this:

f5e66f25a2c739dbfe8c2fa1f8b94b91.jpg

I'm loving the cookie cutters

Could there be a 912 Polo engined Hotrod on the drawing board ? 

thats my plan tomo. The only way I can get a 912 without an engine registered in OZ is if it has an equivalent engine to what it was born with. In love with the Polo. A bit exy, but once you factor in buying/sourcing an engine and having it fixed up, the difference is....well still a bit. But would be a pretty unique unit to own in OZ

thats my plan tomo. The only way I can get a 912 without an engine registered in OZ is if it has an equivalent engine to what it was born with. In love with the Polo. A bit exy, but once you factor in buying/sourcing an engine and having it fixed up, the difference is....well still a bit. But would be a pretty unique unit to own in OZ

Ball park on the Polo?

Got to keep the keypad lock. 

I have one of those.   Be fun for someone to try and get the right keycode given its not connected.

not sure I'm on board with this 4 cyl talk.   Unless we are also talking about a turbo.  

Do you have a bead on the rust situation?