912 US barnfind OTLW project

turboT

car delivered. 6 Months for the build...jesus I thought they just threw them in.

new 2.5lt option being offered...

Well, look on the bright side. By the time it's built, tested, been driven by you round California, gone on a boat and been shipped round the world, made it through quarantine, sat at AH while they take a few more dollars off their best customer and then finally been registered, you may actually have a new garage in which to park it ;)

Well, look on the bright side. By the time it's built, tested, been driven by you round California, gone on a boat and been shipped round the world, made it through quarantine, sat at AH while they take a few more dollars off their best customer and then finally been registered, you may actually have a new garage in which to park it ;)

that would be wishful thinking...

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
2 hours ago, turboT said:

Have you got confirmed dates? the wife has shown interest in a holiday to Hawaii and i was thinking of disappearing to the pool bar and coming back 4 days later...

22nd April according to the email they sent on Sunday. Make it so ?

Hawaii’s lovely, your wife & kids will love it ?

• 1 month later...
On 02/11/2016 at 7:55 PM, turboT said:

she is finally free!

8A0A43CA-A4B5-4E3A-85D7-401D76BF7F7A_zps

BCE693FA-8D75-4B2C-888A-5FCC7A1BE361_zps

I can now attest to this 912's barn provenance... it failed quarantine, not once, but twice....and I got to pay for that luxury :lol:

I pick it up tomorrow and I believe another 912 isn't far behind it ,) ... lock up your daughters 2018, its the year of the 912 YOT912 

4 hours ago, edgy said:

I can now attest to this 912's barn provenance... it failed quarantine, not once, but twice....and I got to pay for that luxury :lol:

I pick it up tomorrow and I believe another 912 isn't far behind it ,) ... lock up your daughters 2018, its the year of the 912 YOT912 

cant wait to see it mate. Just watched tangy go past my window

19 minutes ago, Mike-S said:

Failed the quarantine wash and had to be redone? At your expense of course, that does give me the shits and lends even more credence to it being a dockside scam ??

Yup, I’ve seen that show before... it’s one of their oldest tricks in the book! 

1 hour ago, turboT said:

cant wait to see it mate. Just watched tangy go past my window

Hopefully on the right vessel... 

Well, I picked up "Barny" this morning! It's as I expected... 

IMG_9498_zpsvqranseb.jpg

IMG_9492_zpsuvafxmyf.jpg

IMG_9493_zpsm1avhl80.jpg

Green dials!!   :wub: 

IMG_9494_zpsljszetpy.jpg

Somethings missing...

IMG_9496_zpsmaptxuep.jpg

Only the best quality body works... 

IMG_9497_zpsaq3duelv.jpg

Which continues to the floor pans... what you may or may not be able to see is there is a new one at some point just siliconed underneath the old perforated one! Boy do they know how to repair a car! 

IMG_9495_zpsexbrszrk.jpg

taunting me from the kitchen.... 

IMG_9500_zpsw7fb3edc.jpg

Anyway, enough with the thread jack, I just thought I'd keep PFA informed as to Tom's barn find #1 ... I don't know if I am going to start a build thread or not, because I have too many other life projects going on at the moment! But all in all, its pretty good canvas for what I wanna do with it.