912 US barnfind OTLW project

turboT

44 minutes ago, edgy said:

Well, I picked up "Barny" this morning! It's as I expected... 

IMG_9498_zpsvqranseb.jpg

IMG_9492_zpsuvafxmyf.jpg

IMG_9493_zpsm1avhl80.jpg

Green dials!!   :wub: 

IMG_9494_zpsljszetpy.jpg

Somethings missing...

IMG_9496_zpsmaptxuep.jpg

Only the best quality body works... 

IMG_9497_zpsaq3duelv.jpg

Which continues to the floor pans... what you may or may not be able to see is there is a new one at some point just siliconed underneath the old perforated one! Boy do they know how to repair a car! 

IMG_9495_zpsexbrszrk.jpg

taunting me from the kitchen.... 

IMG_9500_zpsw7fb3edc.jpg

Anyway, enough with the thread jack, I just thought I'd keep PFA informed as to Tom's barn find #1 ... I don't know if I am going to start a build thread or not, because I have too many other life projects going on at the moment! But all in all, its pretty good canvas for what I wanna do with it. 

K,

sounds like a great project for Jeff, just drop it off in Bowral, come back 6 months later & hey presto, new car!

46 minutes ago, edgy said:

Somethings missing...

IMG_9496_zpsmaptxuep.jpg

Looks like a great project, but I thought you couldn't import cars without engines?

1 minute ago, GC9911 said:

K,

sounds like a great project for Jeff, just drop it off in Bowral, come back 6 months later & hey presto, new car!

6 months. I wish.

1 hour ago, edgy said:

Well, I picked up "Barny" this morning! It's as I expected... 

IMG_9498_zpsvqranseb.jpg

IMG_9492_zpsuvafxmyf.jpg

IMG_9493_zpsm1avhl80.jpg

Green dials!!   :wub: 

IMG_9494_zpsljszetpy.jpg

Somethings missing...

IMG_9496_zpsmaptxuep.jpg

Only the best quality body works... 

IMG_9497_zpsaq3duelv.jpg

Which continues to the floor pans... what you may or may not be able to see is there is a new one at some point just siliconed underneath the old perforated one! Boy do they know how to repair a car! 

IMG_9495_zpsexbrszrk.jpg

taunting me from the kitchen.... 

IMG_9500_zpsw7fb3edc.jpg

Anyway, enough with the thread jack, I just thought I'd keep PFA informed as to Tom's barn find #1 ... I don't know if I am going to start a build thread or not, because I have too many other life projects going on at the moment! But all in all, its pretty good canvas for what I wanna do with it. 

Love the rocket launcher switch.  What is the long thing above the speedo?

42 minutes ago, LeeM said:

Matching tow car too. Poser ?

Nice job with floors ? And I thought mine was dodgy with a street sign riveted in! 

Ha, I had a sign post riveted and siliconed into a 69 camaro in the past. 

The tow car was originally ordered to match my old GT3... alas the Lapis is my current one, nearly changed the order to dark  blue! 

gt3s_zpsezsjxbq5.jpg

42 minutes ago, GC9911 said:

K,

Good thought, but purple and orange not in my spectrum for this build!!  

41 minutes ago, MFX said:

Looks like a great project, but I thought you couldn't import cars without engines?

6 months. I wish.

I have never heard that rule.. I'd done it a couple of times now, no problems. 

20 minutes ago, OBRUT said:

Love the rocket launcher switch.  What is the long thing above the speedo?

I can't wait to see the wiring in this thing.... :lol: I have no idea what does what... you gotta see the 80's numeric pad!! 

1 hour ago, edgy said:

I have never heard that rule.. I'd done it a couple of times now, no problems. 

Well I can see you obviously can ;) . I just thought it had to be a complete original car. I assume it can be fully registered in the future, assuming you put a 4 pot back in it?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi Turbo,  loving this car!!  I just noticed your post about Nurburgring seats. I've got these clogging up my dining room which will probably be posted in the For Sale thread soon. Black leatherette and corduroy. I would need to investigate exactly what they are, but let me know if interested.

IMG_20180731_194654.jpg

On 7/31/2018 at 11:54 AM, Damienb said:

Hi Turbo,  loving this car!!  I just noticed your post about Nurburgring seats. I've got these clogging up my dining room which will probably be posted in the For Sale thread soon. Black leatherette and corduroy. I would need to investigate exactly what they are, but let me know if interested.

IMG_20180731_194654.jpg

close... but not quite

this is what I am aiming for

IMG_5567_zpsbnametpi.jpg

2 hours ago, Damienb said:

Good eye Lee - mine are Cobra classics, should have looked at the label on the bottom first!

I think they're the same name, though the RS are the corduroy ones. PM me a price and I'll see what I can do to move them for you