912 US barnfind OTLW project

turboT

On 9/19/2018 at 9:42 PM, turboT said:

the queue was pretty cool though. Apparently if you don't pay your bills you quickly find yourself at the back again...

@itsujack  and I in Rods Shop. Jad doing his best Rob Dickinson impression..

_40I8518_zpsmyfnzalb.jpg

That was a good day! 

I've been thinking about how to implement Rod's back-of-the-line payment policy into our studio ever since...

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, turboT said:

Sorry, this content isn't available right now

The link you followed may have expired, or the page may only be visible to an audience you're not in.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, turboT said:

Leaves for Benton this week. At least that’s what Dean said. He also told me he could build/install an engine within a year. That was two years ago...

I'd be taking the reins on this one Tom. See if John can have it picked up for a few bucks instead of relying on the builder 

Finally at Benton. Needs a good detail apparently ( Dean not the cleanest). New tyres on order. John yet to have a good look over, but I’m sure the list will grow. 

One bonus, turns out John used to own the car and did all the work (2year resto) with the owner before me. Said it’s a ‘Benton car’ so deck lid badge will be going on 👍

6 hours ago, Peter John said:

Does Benton offer similar to what Polo did? I know Polo has his own engine but would Benton do it different to what you have?

Benton often use Dean's Engines (as does Rod emory). Benton don't make engines but sure know how to get the most out of a 912

2 years waiting for a decent pic from Dean. A day at Benton and they post this 

IMG_0784_zps1c6s8gqv.jpg