Porsche Club SA Show & Shine

Stew F

Due to another Porsche bloke or 2 not on the forum wanting to attend a pre show meet up, we'll be arriving at Le Cornu carpark by 7.30

Apologies if thats a bit early Simon

I'll be up and about mate, no such thing as a sleep in with a 5 month old in the house! Will need to wash the car first though. What time are you all planning on departing Le Cornu for Glenelg? 

I'll be up and about mate, no such thing as a sleep in with a 5 month old in the house! Will need to wash the car first though. What time are you all planning on departing Le Cornu for Glenelg? 

8.30 latest I'd say. One bloke with that red ST 911 wants to be on the grass by 8.30ish

So a rainy, windy day lay ahead for the Porsche club of SA show n shine, yet over 100 hardy souls braved the less than perfect weather, with practically every Porsche enthusiasts taste catered for, and I for one ticked off a bucket list item by attending a Porsche show with my own 911. 

We started the day at a carpark with StewF, Spiller and his dad (in some silver car that a few of you may know), myself and another Porsche nut, Mark, in his fat ass 72 hot rod beast. We headed down to Colley reserve at Glenelg (a seaside suburb for those who don't know) which is a popular spot, and a great location to hold a car show, and pulled up onto the grass in our respective classes. Not to be officially judged, but because paying $10 was a LOT cheaper than parking out on the main drag, and contributing to the local councils coffers by not feeding the meter every hour or so and receiving a fine. The wind was akin to standing in front of a fridge naked with a fan on 'Force 10 gale' setting as you rub ice on your nether regions!  Well, maybe not THAT cold, but it wasn't exactly warm. Glad I took a hoodie, big jacket and thick socks that's for sure! Ugg boots were an option, though I thought I'd leave my bogun at home. (She didn't wanna leave the warmth of the thick doona!)

Cars gradually trickled in, and I grabbed a coffee, then set off to ogle cars I will never be able to afford, yet to say I was in my element is an understatement. The sound of a cup car being fired up gives me chills.

Even with some pretty crap intermittent weather, there was such a good vibe about the place with like minded car nuts of all ages, that I couldn't wipe the smile off my face. The only bad thing about seeing such a variety of Porsche's, was that it will eventually cost me an arm and a leg with buying bits I want, yet definitely don't need! 

Will try and post some photo's up later

20161113_104716.jpg

What a great day. Weather less than ideal but as you said Lee, a bunch of like minded enthusiasts in the one place ogling and talking their passion...a good recipe. Also learnt that Mark lives a few streets over from me...small world! Good catching up with you gents pre meet also!  

Looks and sounds like a cracking day Lee, despite the weather. Why's that kid staring at the bloody golf with all the rest of that p0rn on show?

2 of them were rolling down the hill, so I don't think cars were high on their priority list ;-) 

Indeed a small world Simon! Good to catch up, and will look out for ya next weekend. 

• 2 years later...

PCSA Show and Shine

Wigley Reserve, Glenelg, Sunday the 24th March 2019

All club members and Porsche owners are welcome to enter this event.  There will be two classes:

Display only   

Judged (trophies awarded – members only) 

Race cars are especially welcome to promote the competition aspect of the club.

Entry fee – $20 for each car entered. Payment will be done via “My Booking Manager”. The link to pay (doubles as registration) is shown below.  Thank you for those who have already responded, but please use the link below to finalize your entry. 

http://e.mybookingmanager.com/E28233221151515

Registration and Payment allows for up to 3 cars, any more than that and you will have to open up a new link.

Opening Time - will be from 8am.

Please queue along Colley Tce (facing north from Jetty Rd.). 

Marshalls will direct cars onto the oval from the roundabout at Colley Tce and Anzac Hwy. 

Trailered cars well get preference of entry to help reduce congestion.   

46 minutes ago, Rick V said:

I’ve already registered & paid my $20 to park on the grass.

Any of the local crew going?

I couldn't afford it 😁

I'll drop in for a looksee and catch up mate

Bugga. Can't. Daughter has her school sports day (who the f@#k puts a school sports day on a Sunday. My daughters f@#king school, that's who) however it is at Brighton so I might drop in and have a look on the way home if it's still on (probably around 3pm).  

1 hour ago, 3legs said:

You been drinking again Lee😁 The sports day is at Brighton.

Ok I could have been a little more clearer😂

It's been a long week already. I shall read further posts three times just incase 🙄

I'll be there "on the grass" with Cayenne for sale and "new" 3 days old 986S hoping to get hints from fellow owners.

Hope to meet some new faces too and not get too excited about cars I will never afford.

My favorites as always will be air cooled.

Archived