My expensive tent included a free Porsche!

itsujack

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for all your advice mate, looking forward to collecting later today. Usually the whole matching luggage is a bit odd, but those bags are surprisingly good. I like em!

Congratulations! Good looking car, well done. 

Haters gonna hate but I think it's a great addition to your garage and will offer a whole different experience to your 964. You now have the best of both worlds and truth be told convertibles are a heap of fun too - especially in a car like this that was penned from the outset to be a roadster. 

I quite like the script on these and the caymans, maybe in a matt black for that subtle contrast! Enjoy! 

Thanks Hugh. It's all good fun. I was thinking the same with the script though. Either matt black or a very dark grey. Will test some options.

Thanks for all your advice mate, looking forward to collecting later today. Usually the whole matching luggage is a bit odd, but those bags are surprisingly good. I like em!

Thanks Hugh. It's all good fun. I was thinking the same with the script though. Either matt black or a very dark grey. Will test some options.

Sorry, I should have clarified that my "haters gonna hate" comment was sarcastic - its a good thing we are all mates! :lol:

Mate's brother back in the UK bought one of these brand new, albeit in the obligatory white and it spends most of its life sat in his garage (weather in Yorkshire is almost as bad as Melbourne!). I'm told it's a stunning car though on cross country blasts, properly planted on the road. 

He went from a Lotus Elise S135 to the Boxster. The hairdresser jokes still haven't stopped ?

Mate's brother back in the UK bought one of these brand new, albeit in the obligatory white and it spends most of its life sat in his garage (weather in Yorkshire is almost as bad as Melbourne!). I'm told it's a stunning car though on cross country blasts, properly planted on the road. 

He went from a Lotus Elise S135 to the Boxster. The hairdresser jokes still haven't stopped ?

Tell him to use the car in the rain - I drove mine from QLD to NSW in the pouring rain and was dry as a bone on the inside.

Congrats Jad, well done on keeping your options open and going outside of the norm. Just to repeat the other comments, black is fantastic for the Spyder, much more aggressive than in white, I love it. And go for the matt black script, one of the few cars you can put the P O R S C H E script on and not feel like a poser because it came from the factory like that. 

itsujack - what an awesome looking car..I saw one in white a little while back but black takes it to a whole other level of awesome!! When you mock up your dark grey script please post a pic - i'm interested in doing the same on my Cayman....

You guy,s are terrible ....................L .OREAL           :o:P It is a very nice car as is ,,,,,you don,t need the script Porsche.s are all about individuality leave it be and drive it  :)

^ Ordered :D

itsujack - what an awesome looking car..I saw one in white a little while back but black takes it to a whole other level of awesome!! When you mock up your dark grey script please post a pic - i'm interested in doing the same on my Cayman....

Will do, I'll photoshop a few options.

Drove mine for the first time on the Old Pac Hwy today between Pie in the Sky and Kangaroo Point (after about a month of waiting for the personalised plates and being interstate).

There were a couple of coppers (Hwy Police) parked opposite of the entrance to Kangaroo point, drove very "sedately" past them (twice) after doing two rounds up and down that stretch of twisties.

My good friend of mine, (who used to own a 987.2 Cayman S was sitting shotgun) said that he could feel that there was almost a lack of body roll compared to his old car and to my other 987.1 Boxster S. And that the Spyder felt faster (sensation of speed) even at the speed limit (80km/hr).  The shedding of weight might have something to do with it. 

Those photos luke ace mate! Really does look something else in black with the black wheels. Which look huge by the way. 

I know! They're 19's which I haven't had before. Plus the wheel size is exaggerated by leaving a silver metal lip right at the edge. Curiously only the spokes are painted black the rest of the wheel interior stays silver, further weight saving I guess ;)

I really like the Mesh Side Intakes too.....anyone know if they are available aftermarket?

I'm sure you could buy them from Porsche direct and fit to Cayman.

Archived