SPEEDO GEARS

HECTOR

Hi guys,

Bugger it has just happened to me.My speedo gear has disinigrated(?) and am trying to work out which one I need to buy to replace it.Been looking at Pelican spares and I think ive narrowed it down to either a 20 x 21 ,20 x 22 or a 20 x 23.How the heck do I figure out which one it is for a 1985 Carrera ? I taken the speedo apart and have the pieces but am no good at reconstructing tiny jigsaw puzzles.Has any one else had this problem and is Pelican spares the best place to purchase these.

Thanks heaps

Phil

Phil,

I had a similar problem on my 993, the plastic gear sh** itself leaving me with no speedo.

I found the part and the advice I needed from the guy at odemeter gears http://www.odometergears.com/. the guy was helpful and really quick to get back to me everytime.

I ordered the gear on Sunday night and had it in my hands by Wednesday which was pretty impressive. Give the site a try.

Good Luck

Kev

Now im stumped,

Ive been in touch with the guys at odometergears and did what was suggested and counted the number of teeth on the gear that my damaged one (total disinigrated) meshes with and came up with 44 teeth.They told me they dont have a conversion gear for my speedo.Any other ideas anyone.Their only other suggestion is sending my speedo to them so they can send it on to someone who should be able to come up with a sollution.Does anyone know of any company that might have the gears in the UK or anywhere else??

Thanks

Phil

Archived