Best way to deal with this

Gsaps

So after looking far and wide, an opportunity to purchase a 74 911 has arisen not far away from me

i can’t get to view the car for a few days due to work but don’t want to miss out (and also want to do a PPI of course)

Do I offer to make a deposit sight unseen (have had photos) to secure or is that too risky, how difficult is it to get the money back if it has a poor PPI ?

thanks guys

( any advice for a PPI near Wollongong)

If you get a good vibe from the seller, its not unusual to leave a small deposit subject to a satisfactory PPI ..... now that doesn't mean a show car, just that the mechanicals, safety and underbody are to your satisfaction ... eg. the steering rack isn't going to drop around a hard corner. The interior and bodywork is completely up to what you believe is a good standard for the price.

These types of transactions are common and if the seller is a classic car type of guy, he will get the whole PPI thing. If he is reluctant to get one done, then you should be thinking twice.

Remember ... there will be small issues anf niggles with all of them ... it just depends what your threshold is and if the price reflects this ...

Good luck.

Archived