SOLD - Momo Extreme VTR - FIA Homologated Racing Seat

s-l1600.jpg

This is a Momo "Extreme VTR" FIA Homologated Racing Seat

This seat is a wraparound racing seat with the head side protection "ears". It is a hard fibreglass shell seat, with the Momo aluminium side mounts.

It's a very comfortable seat and the angle and mounting height of the fibreglass shell can be adjusted on the side mounts.

I bought this seat new from Roman Autotek in Sydney - new price was $1200 including the alloy side mounts.

Has had minimal use and the fabric is in great condition as shown in the attached photos.

Would be a good buy for someone wanting an FIA approved seat with side head protection at a reasonable cost.

It could either be installed permanently in a racecar, or if going into a road car for track day use, the aluminium side mounts will bolt to a set of factory seat runners so it could be easily swapped in and out for track days etc. Unlike some seats on the market, this seat will fit in a 70's / 80's 911 without the side ears hitting the driver's window.

Am asking Australian $600 for the seat with the aluminium side mounts (which is half of what it cost me) but am open to offers on it. Can either be picked up in Sydney or I will ship it to you.

Send me a private message on the forum if you're interested in it, or reply in this thread.

Dimensions info is below ...

DIMENSIONS

s-l1600.png

The outer width of the head protection ears is 582 mm.

The inner width of the seat at the hip area where the harness lap belts go through the seat is 370 mm.

There is a top view dimensions drawing above. The seat cushion at the bottom of the seat starts at 330 mm where it meets the back cushion. The seat cushion then widens as you go forward, where the flat part of the seat cushion stops and the section that raises up under the back of your knees begins the inner width is 340 mm, and at the front of the seat the seat cushion has an inner width of 360 mm.

Also below are two drawings of the seat mount dimensions when they are mounted to the seat showing various bracket dimensions and bolt spacing dimensions where the seat bolts to the floor or to seat runners ...

s-l1600.jpg

Looking at the shell of the seat from the rear, the inside width between the vertical sections of the aluminium side mount brackets where they bolt to the seat is 395 mm.

Looking at the shell of the seat from the rear, the outside width between the vertical sections of the aluminium side mount brackets is 415 mm.

There are a number of ways to mount a side mount seat into a car. Some people mount it directly to the floor for a low centre of gravity. Other people mount the L shaped side mount brackets to a seat runner.

The bolt holes in the horizontal part of the brackets are slotted holes closed at each end of the slot, so there is a lot of flexibility in mounting hole spacing etc. Approximate dimensions are below for 3 different mounting configuration bolt spacings ...

The L shaped side mounts brackets can be installed with the horizontal part of both brackets facing inwards towards the centreline of the seat as shown in the drawing above, which gives you the narrowest bolt spacing option. That option puts the distance between the inner edges of the slotted holes in the seat mounts at 357mm and the outer edges
of the slotted holes at 386mm.

s-l1600.jpg

The L shaped side mounts brackets can also be installedThe L shaped side mounts brackets can also be installed with the horizontal section of one bracket facing inwards and one facing outwards which gives a second bolt spacing option (this is shown in the drawing above). That option puts the distance between the inner edges of the slotted holes in the seat mounts at 388mm and the outer edges of the slotted holes at 415mm. I had it configured that way in a 70's 911 on a set of factory sliding seat rails.

So the seat is mounted like this doing it that way ...

s-l1600.jpg

The L shaped side mounts brackets can also be installed with the horizontal part of both brackets facing outwards which gives you the widest bolt spacing option. That option puts the distance between the inner edges of the slotted holes in the seat mounts at 414mm and the outer edges of the slotted holesat 443mm.

So those 3 options would give a very wide range of bolt hole width spacing options, from approx 362 mm up to approx 439 mm.

More photos of the seat are below ...

s-l1600.jpg

s-l500.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l500.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Click on the link below to find my other threads if you want to see the other parts I am selling ...

http://porscheforum.com.au/profile/4802-935fanatic/?do=content&type=forums_topic&change_section=1

• 1 month later...

A few people have messaged me asking for various dimensions of the seat, so I have edited the post above tonight to add the dimensions and dimension drawings.

The seat is located in Sydney and I can do local pickup or ship it anywhere in Australia on TNT freight.

Archived