For Sale: Seine Systems HeetSheet heat shields for Porsche 911 & 930 engines

s-l1600.jpg

s-l500.jpg

This is a used but clean set of stainless steel Seine Systems HeetSheet heat shields for Porsche 911 and 930 engines.

These are no longer available as Seine Systems stopped making them a while back.

The 1st photo above on the grey background is of the set I am selling. The second photo above and other photos below are stock photos from the manufacturer's website.

Info from the Seine Systems website ...

---------------------------
"HEETSHEET is an Exhaust Heat Barrier for the 911 engine.

HEETSHEET Exhaust Heat Barriers block unwanted exhaust heat from affecting (overheating) critical engine parts.

HEETSHEET barriers are made of stainless steel which conducts approximately 50% less heat than steel, 75% less heat conductivity than aluminum.

HEETSHEET installs between the exhaust system and the lower valve cover/cylinder head area of the engine.

Features & Benefits:

• Blocks heat from the exhaust system to the valve cover by up to 80ºF (45ºC)
• Extends engine life by reducing heat load on your engine
• The most cost-effective solution to block unwanted heat from the exhaust system
• Effective and affordable as well as enhances the engine appearance
• Deflects road debris from valve cover area
• Easy 5 minute installation"

A testimonial on the Seine Systems website reads ...

"
I bought a Heet Shield kit and installed it today. I haven't had time to test it completely, but so far it seems to be making a big difference. The temp gauge didn't rise above 180 when it would normally run around 200 or so." ... "installation was truly a 5 minute job - not counting jacking up the car and putting it on jack stands. If you have a problem with high engine temperatures, you may want to consider trying this." ... "The Heetshields were installed in 5-10 minutes with no interferences. The fit and finish are excellent." ... "My car (74 911) has no external oil coolers so I was looking for a quick and easy way to add a little insurance." Larry '74 911"

The fitment info reads ...

"
HeetSheet fits 1968 1/2 to '89 911 engines using factory exhaust systems and aftermarket replacement heat exchangers. These engines have a lower valve cover with 11 attachment nuts.

HeetSheets will fit on '75-77 911's equipped with factory thermal reactors with slight modifications.

HeetSheets will fit on '76-89 Turbos.

Due to space restrictions, you should verify fit on engines using aftermarket racing exhaust headers. See "Rule of Thumb Fitment" below.

HeetSheet has been tested and is compatible with heat exchangers manufactured by SSI.

HeetSheets may not fit all 914-6s. Due to the tight clearance between the engine and chassis, the engine must be exactly centered. This installation seems to be most successful on modified 914s with a 911 engine conversion.
"

There is more info and photos here ...

http://www.seinesystems.com/faqs-3.htm

I am asking Australian $99 for them plus postage. They are no longer available from the manufacturer but are a well thought out, well made product that works.

SHIPPING INFO

I am happy to ship to buyers in Australia or any country worldwide. I ship all items with a signature required on delivery - this stops the local postal service from leaving items unattended on your doorstep etc.

s-l500.jpg

Click on the link below to find my other threads to see the other parts I am selling ...

http://porscheforum.com.au/profile/4802-935fanatic/?do=content&type=forums_topic&change_section=1

• 6 months later...

Archived