Liqui Moly Bathurst 12Hr

tony1

Yep, drove up Friday, watched supporting races, qualifying and practice on Sat, the whole 12 hours yesterday (great event) and arrived home at 05:30 this morning totally stuffed but with a smile on the dial.

A great race and a top win by these Forza boys (Peter Edwards, John Bowe, Craig Lowndes & Mika Salo) the last 8 minutes of the race were a real "nail biter".

Lowndes built on good positioning by Mika Salo who drove  the previous session, then Lowndes's experience and cool head kept the AMG driven by Will Davison at bay. It looked like the team managers kept the local drivers for the important sessions.

Watch the replay here.

This event is one of the best I have been to in many years. The V8 series need to take a lesson from this category.

rEd

PS - took heaps of shots will post a link when done.

I agree red, only minor complaint it was warmer than we expected but nothing that plenty of water didn't solve.

we sat up at mcphilamy park for the day and saw two huge prangs.

Crowd numbers were up but we had no trouble finding a spot along the fence, parking was great car parked less than 20metres from where we sat :)

will upload a link to my shots too was an absolutely awesome day, the v8s are boring in comparison

Yep, drove up Friday, watched supporting races, qualifying and practice on Sat, the whole 12 hours yesterday (great event) and arrived home at 05:30 this morning totally stuffed but with a smile on the dial.

A great race and a top win by these Forza boys (Peter Edwards, John Bowe, Craig Lowndes & Mika Salo) the last 8 minutes of the race were a real "nail biter".

Lowndes built on good positioning by Mika Salo who drove  the previous session, then Lowndes's experience and cool head kept the AMG driven by Will Davison at bay. It looked like the team managers kept the local drivers for the important sessions.

Watch the replay here.

This event is one of the best I have been to in many years. The V8 series need to take a lesson from this category.rEd

PS - took heaps of shots will post a link when done.

Think you may be unsure of who finished behind Lowndes. Will Davidson was battling further back with SVG but the german HTP. Motorsport SLS was right up lowndes's trumpet at the end.

Hi T1,

Agree with you about the V8s. I had numerous chats with fans about the problem the V8 people face now that Ford & Holden are decamping from Australia. Who wants to watch a Volvo race using a GM engine? Don't start me on that topic.

Was warm, bordering on damn hot. The breeze was a bonus tho.

Here in Central Vic it hit 40°C +.

Dog and she "who stayed home" also stayed inside. Wise people!

Note to PFA members - this is worth a trip. Believe me, it is a great event, biggish crowd, but plenty of space for everyone, $70 entry for 3 days. Arrange your accommodation early.

This event is for diehard race fans - who would normally get to the track by 6am to watch the start? Many thousands did.

Tents, BBQs, eskies, coffee, kids - it was a very friendly environment. I guess by now you have figured I enjoyed the weekend.

The commentary was also broadcast on Radio Lemans on your Iphone etc. A bit like watching the cricket on Ch9 and listening to the commentary on the ABC.

Plenty of eye candy in the pits too. (deliberate snigger inserted here)

Make a note for 2015, this category does it so well.

rEd

Think you may be unsure of who finished behind Lowndes. Will Davidson was battling further back with SVG but the german HTP. Motorsport SLS was right up lowndes's trumpet at the end.

Well picked up it was H.Primat/T.Jaeger/M.Buhk in the HTP Motorsport AMG.

Hi Folks

This technology is great (if your a kid genius) I have finally got  to uploading the photos from the weekends race, apologies for the quality of some of them im no genius with a camera or computer.

Enjoy and download them if you want

Link http://img.gg/PqKWU9h

next years race is the first weekend of February again

Archived