Matching engine and VIN numbers

Autofokus

Hi guys,

I am looking at an 89 Australian delivered Targa that has the right VIN for its model, however the engine number quoted starts with 64K which to me indicates a US delivered (217bhp) engine. The car is touted as an original but could this information be correct.

Cheers

Rob

Hi Rob

I have a 90'model 911. Under the front hood is a paper sticker which has the engine number, transmission number and option codes. I'm not sure if the 89' model will have the same sticker in the same location. If so it would indicate if your engine, transmission etc is the original.

Hope this helps

Frank

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Rob

I have a 90'model 911. Under the front hood is a paper sticker which has the engine number, transmission number and option codes. I'm not sure if the 89' model will have the same sticker in the same location. If so it would indicate if your engine, transmission etc is the original.

Hope this helps

Frank

HI Frank,

Thanks for that, I ended up ringing Porsche Australia and they told me it was the original engine for the car. It seems we get these engines as they have cat converters hence the 64K engines

Cheers

Archived