996 Running Sweet

Whipit

Hi All, just sick of seeing "IMS Failure" as the latest post for the water cooled's, so thought I would post something new.

Had the Cab for about 5 months now, hasn't missed a beat. Starting to think of maybe attending a track day just to have a bit of a play and go at experiencing the car moving around :) I really like the every day usability of the Porsche, hard to imagine what other car out there has such a blend of speed and drive ability.

Same here Whipit. Had mine over 4 years now. Just regular service and the very rare small item. Have enjoyed your posts around the stereo upgrade. Has gots me thinkin.......

Andy S

Hi Andy,

I am really happy with the stereo upgrade, IMHO the original unit does let the car down a bit (I know, I know its supposed to be a sports car, but....). The way the new one mounted using factory parts and locations etc I think worked really well. If I am totally honest I am not completely happy with the Alpine head unit though, the user interface is a little clunky to use. If I were doing it again I would spend a little more time choosing the double din unit itslef. It may be something they fix with a firmware upgrade though. Having said that, the way the unit integrates satnav, iPod, CD, DVD, phone etc is very very nice, clean and easy.

Gary

Archived