Our first Porsche - 2002 Boxster S

So the plastic rear window had started developing a small tear. Back in June I purchased a glass windowed roof from a wrecked 04 986 and had it delivered to my office where it sat until now. I found a guide online which looked pretty easy but we decided to get it professionally done to ensure it seals properly. I'm glad I did as it didn't go smoothly! We don't know how long it had been off a car before I bought it and I had it in an air conditioned office. Apparently it had shrunk! haha It required a little tweaking to get it closed and they kept it overnight to see if it settled. It did, but still is still a cm or two off but it easily closed. So we'll leave it closed for a few weeks and hope for some sun to hit it.

Anyway, we're happy with it. No swirls, no holes, easy to see out of and has a demister.

We also have a had a few other things done since i last updated. Front and rear brake pads and sensors, rear right wheel bearing, cv boots. Next up is an engine mount and water pump which we will wait a couple of months.

Glass%20Roof%20Far_zps4e2fk0jy.jpg

Glass%20Roof%20Close_zpsff7jngjn.jpg

Archived