What's your opinion? Keep 996 or buy 997?

Personally I think it's your car and you should do with it what you want. All this talk of future values is not the reason you buy a Porsche(or shouldn't be IMO). You buy them to drive them and ppl have been modding Porsches from the dawn of Porsche. I feel sorry for ppl with low K mint cars worth millions, who have never driven them in the rain or want to keep the K's low. All cars are meant to be driven and great cars even more so.

I think Ferris Buellers day off, got it right.

Cameron: The 1961 Ferrari 250GT California. Less than 100 were made. My father spent three years restoring this car. It is his love, it is his passion.

Ferris: It is his fault he didn't lock the garage.

Cameron: Ferris, what are you talkin' about? [Ferris eyes the car hungrily]

Cameron: Ferris, my father loves this car more than life itself.

Ferris: A man with priorities so far out of whack doesn't deserve such a fine automobile. [Ferris walks around the car]

Cameron: No, no, apparently you don't understand-

Ferris Wow!

Cameron: He never drives it, he just rubs it with a diaper.    

Never become Cameron's Dad

f

Hahahah, only seen that movie for second time the other day!

Hmmm, yes, I do like my 996, and by the sounds of it so do a few here. I was u der the impression that they were not one of Porsches "better 911s" , but I always thought they were great.

I may as well keep it, spend a few bucks on it, then spend the change on a USA road trip, and bring back older 911 for fun. Seeing that I go there couple times a year , and have bought back several musle cars, may as well bring back a Porsche.

Archived