2010 Boxster Stereo

kdf049

I have a 2010 Boxster S with the standard stereo with SATNAV all using the same display unit. Disappointed with the sound quality I bought a kit from the US which adds 4 speakers to the existing rear parcel shelf. To get the most out of the modification I need to somehow fit fader control to allow me to independently adjust the volume of the rear speakers. The car stereo people who fitted the kit for me said I would need to modify the head unit in order to get Fade control. I note the Sound menu in my head unit includes Bass, Treble, Balance and Loudness settings with space for another setting which is probably where the Fade setting is located on cars fitted with the surround sound option.

I am hoping my head unit is the same as those with the Fade control included, but not activated on my car. That seems sensible for Porsche as it would reduce the number of variations in head units needed.

Can anyone confirm if this is the case; and if not, do I need to fit another head unit?

Hoping there are many people out there who have more technical expertise than me.

Archived