Wolf EFI conversion

Mike

I thought some of you might be interested in this project we have just completed.

During 2010 a damaged 3.0 litre engine became available. The decision to purchase this engine and rebuild it was made.

This particular engine had in the past been fitted with 3mm oversized pistons and cylinders this increases the capacity to a 3.2 litre short stroke configuration. During the rebuild process the compression ratio was increased to 10.5:1 the standard camshaft was retained and the cam timing was reset to a modified setting to help improve performance. The original K-jetronic injection system and ignition systems were also retained at the time. It had proven difficult to get a good smooth running situation, in all conditions. During the process of fitting the EFI system Steve wanted the engine bay to look standard so the choice of a distributor incorporating the crankshaft sensor was taken. Inlet manifold, throttle body, injectors and fuel rail are all standard 1985 3.2 Carrera units as they are a direct bolt on conversion. The manifold has had the rough casting cleaned out of it; the throttle body has been polished and matched to the manifold, other than that it is all standard. The Engine management system is a Wolf V500 running sequentially. As a result the engine is considerably smoother with far more torque and over-all performance.

post-496-131261687863_thumb.jpg

Nice job Mike.

Have you ever done an EFI conversion on a 930 turbo?

I know they are popular in the US. :)

No I have not done a 930 but the biggest difference in the access to components as far as fitment is concerned.

Here is the Dyno sheet

post-496-131261930681_thumb.jpg

Guest vas930

The components are easy to get.

A combo of carrera manifold and a few parts from Turbo Kraft.

I think the hard part is the ECU and tune.

Thats a neat job you have done Mike.

I think I will call in and say Gday.

Please keep us posted on this type of project.

Great job. :)

The components are easy to get.

A combo of carrera manifold and a few parts from Turbo Kraft.

I think the hard part is the ECU and tune.

Thats a neat job you have done Mike.

I think I will call in and say Gday.

Please keep us posted on this type of project.

Great job. :)

Thanks very much this is the 2nd one I have done and the difference is stunning in every respect of the driving of it. Particularly in the normal driving range as well as throttle response

Archived