997 Carrera S with M030 option

G53

Hi All,

I'm new to the site. I've just arrived back home from the UK and have imported a 2005 Carrera S with the M030 option. This gives the car normal non PASM sports suspension (lowered by 20mm) and an LSD. Walter Rohle lapped the 'ring with this set up about 5 secs (from memory) quicker, than with the PASM adjustable suspension apparently due more to the LSD than the suspension....just wondering if anyone knew if there were many ordered in Australia with this option?

Any help greatly appreciated.

G53

It was a no cost option.

There were a few ordered in the early cars [05]

Popular consensus was - too firm for our rds

.......PASM was more comfortable [floaty ! ] for the same $$

i brought it back to sell. I would love to keep it but need to buy a house. it was always part of the deal with the wife! the cost of owning it for a year in uk would be paid for by the profit on sale. anything left over goes towards the next one...we wish we'd bought two now....! the new rules are you can only do one every five years so it was worth the punt.

So i picked it up yesterday - the whole process was incredibly easy. the only thing they had to do was make some small incisions in the felt behind the rear seats for child seat anchor points (which you can't see) and change the digital speedo to km/h which as you know is pretty straightforward...amazing how homogenised these cars are nowdays. it's a shame that the market wants to discount them when they really are the same car just delivered to a different address....but i guess i would say that. i would definitely buy a uk car in aus now if it gets me the next model up, etc. As an aside a mate of mine just bought a 996 turbo with factory aerokit for £26k...that'a about A$40k.

so i drove it home (for 3hours through a national park detour) and it felt great to me. drove it into work this morning and it was a breeze. so much so that i've decided to stick to a manual for my next one (i intend to import a 3.2 from the UK again). i had been toying with the idea of getting an auto.

decisions, decisions

Archived