[Non-Porsche] - Advice from video-makers

Hi All,

Not sure where in the forum to put this, so I'll try here.  This is a non-porsche question, but knowing there's a few people around here who have experience with video production, I thought I'd ask...

My father is getting married in three weeks. We have relatives in Europe who can't attend the wedding, so I was asked if there was a way to stream the wedding online.   He was thinking of Skype or similar...

I've previously seen this attempted, low-rent, just using Skype.  The quality of the video was atrocious and must have been entirely frustrating for the audience overseas.

So, my thoughts:

• Place a decent camera on a tripod (we have a few Canon options at our disposal), with a 'live' connection to a laptop somewhere.
  • Place a decent mic somewhere near where the vows are to be taken, with a 'live' connection to the same laptop.
  • Stream the audio/video using some kind of online service (need to confirm where we are getting our internet connection from)
  • I'm not keen on spending two much for this one-time only transmission
  • Thinking of Youtube Live / Google hangouts:

So, my questions to the crowd are:

• Do you have any suggestions to get maximum quality out of this 'compromised' method?
  • Any suggestions of equipment?
  • Do you have any suggestions of online streaming services, that multiple viewers can view?
  • Does anyone have experience with sort of thing?

Thanks!

Archived