996 Key Fob Conversion

Macca

I used the Carerra GT key head for mine.  My original key had a dead transponder and the GT key had came with the electronics so it made more sense for me.  With that one it should be no problems to swap over the electronics and the pill from your original key and have it work straight away.  I had to get Autohaus setup my new key for me with a code from Porsche based off my VIN number.

I used the Carerra GT key head for mine.  My original key had a dead transponder and the GT key had came with the electronics so it made more sense for me.  With that one it should be no problems to swap over the electronics and the pill from your original key and have it work straight away.  I had to get Autohaus setup my new key for me with a code from Porsche based off my VIN number.

Nice..Do you remember if the GT key fob was cheaper than $270ish? Any regrets with the fob?

That price sounds about right give or take.

No regrets.  The only bump in the road of getting it done was forgetting to tell the technician that my car was a 1999, so he wasted some time trying to figure out why the second button wouldn't open the froot.

Archived