Is it converted ???

HECTOR

Just wondering if this is a fool proof way of quickly working out at a glance whether a Porsche is an origional left hander that has been converted to right.And that is the direction the wipers point.This is probably common knowledge for most Porsche fans but I just noticed it the other day.(maybe im just slow).

The wipers for lhd park on the left, but it is a simple matter to change them over to the rh side. Dependent on model some lhd do not have door pulls attached to the arm rest.Remember that most Porsches are lhd and a proper conversion is not necessarily a negative. If you own the car a Porsche dealer can get you original details.

While not quite a quick look, if you can find the VIN (the 17 digit VIN which I think that was from about 1981) you should be able to tell quickly whether it was a US delivered model (I'd hazard a guess that most LHD cars brought into AUS have come from the US not Europe).

wpo ZZZ at the beginning should indicate it's a ROW car (however not LHD or RHD), and wpo AAO for a US car.

In NSW (at least) you should be able to see this on the rego sticker.

Rgds

Rob

Archived