Classic Adelaide Day 3 & 4

Great stuff Andrew, I'm loving the P Car bias!

What was the story with that squirty car in the video, the one with the flashing light and the disregard for the "accelerator vs wet tarmac meter"?!?! He looked like he was having a lairy good time, but was he on his way to an accident, or just hangin' it out?

Kerry

thanks myred911 for the update- it looked like you had some good positions to view from, the shot from under the armco was cool! how was the organisation on behalf of the crowd? how many different positions did you get to view in the day? how many cops were out to catch your own bit of tarmac action on the way home?! :)

Hi Kerry,

The car with the lights and sirens was a Nissan GTR - the driver was hamming it up all weekend and not interested in competition results. He put on a great show for the crowd, some say he is a drift champ. I could believe that as he hardly put a foot wrong.

There will be some shots of P. cars in the next edition of the PCV mag, I believe it is now in production.

To PAUNCHE,

We obtained media passes for the event so were able to get into some great places with out the marshalls harrassing us to much. In some places the cars were just a metre or so away from me so I was showered in dust and pebbles.

The organisation was A+, the bods running the event are well-versed and very slick. At least one stage was cancelled (converted to a transport stage) due to s shortage of volunteers but overall it seemed very well run.

Our trip home was via the Coonawarra region. We headed south from Keith in SA, dropped into the ZEMA winery at Coonawarra, bought a carton of their best '04 shiraz, then trekked across Vic to Ballarat etc. No cops to trouble us but we were so tired that any game playing (read spirited driving) was not considered.

We intending to use my SC but a quick looks at the weather (hot-hot-hot) and the amount of gear to take along , a quick decision was made - swap to my Jeep and we were glad we did. The drive across was horrible - dust, heat and rain squalls and high winds. Taking the 4WD was a benefit in this case (A/C), some of the tracks we use to get to good locations would have damaged the low-slung SC. In this case the practical matters of the trip out-weighted the prospect of enjoying the Adelaide Hills.

The Classsic Adelaide is a great event, well run and ya meet some great people.

Cheers

Andrew

Archived