I resisted as long as I could, but... we now have the "Gaming" Forum!

Kerry

Most Wednesday nights I go for a spin out to the suburbs where I catch up with my friend Tony. Its a chance to mix up some post-dinner city traffic, with 20 minutes on Eastlink, and then 15 minutes of outer suburban/semi-rural blasting through some fast roundabouts and deserted twisties. Always a nice punctuation point for the mid-week, but not the only reason for the trip.

Other than the 35 minute drive, there are several other rituals involved with these visits, - an offering of decent brown or red beverage is made; - obligatory polite chat with family members; and - a sharing of the weeks news and views; but ultimately, we're both there for the same thing - The Green Hell.

For those unfamiliar, the Nurburgring Nordschleife (North Loop), or "The Ring" - 72 corners, 21 kms, and serious potential for inquiry to car and person unless..... you drive it on a Playstation or computer!

Of course there is no substitute for the real thing, which applies to any of this VR world we explore through our computers and TVs, but it is remarkable how "virtual" these new worlds are. Before I drove Philip Island for the first time, I drove it on "V8 SuperCars" on the Playstation, (along with Sandown, Mt Panarama etc etc), and it did make a real difference to my confidence in knowing the track having "driven it" 20 or 30 times before I actually left Melbourne!

But who cares as to the relevance of it to the real world, its just bloody good fun!

So, for those of you who have games that you enjoy, this is the forum to share the lovin'.

Kerry

This was my first attempt at making the ultimate cockpit... since wrecked by furious cornering and armco!

post-2-125989300004_thumb.jpg

This was my first attempt at making the ultimate cockpit... since wrecked by furious cornering and armco!

post-2-125989300004_thumb.jpg

LMAO!!!! :lol::lol::lol: that driving chair is a classic! love the boombox to the back of the spine - enough to give you the rear engine experience is it!?

hooray for the gaming forum now, my current "poison" is SHIFT in the ps3 which also has a very reasonable version of the ring. unfortunately i just have my steering wheel strapped to the coffee table.

Archived