996.2 stock exhaust or potential swap

quasio

Recently bought a 996, and it comes with a custom exhaust. Previous owner mentioned it was done locally by Genie Exhaust, custom made and cost around ~3k.

It would be fairly new, maybe 1 yr old. It actually sounds pretty nice, but is a teeny touch too loud for me, and i believe i would prefer a stock exhaust or one with the fister/gundo hack.

If anyone is interested in Perth, or has a spare set in relatively good condition, hit me up with a PM.

Also if anyone actually has the gundo/fister hack in perth on a 3.6 would love to have a listen and comparo.

Sets of mufflers come up for sale on ebay from time to time.

Out of curiosity Is it a full exhaust: custom mufflers, headers and cats? That info might help anyone looking to swap.

You could also mix and match the parts and just replace the mufflers + hack which will quieten down the note. Ideally it sounds like PSE would be perfect for you, loud or normal with the touch of a button!

yeh i saw the PSE on design911 with the button.. mmmmm... mmmmm.. yeh nah.. way too expensive.

Yeah also have to check whether it is full custom, will take some photos and post it up, i believe it's just mufflers only.

yeh i saw the PSE on design911 with the button.. mmmmm... mmmmm.. yeh nah.. way too expensive.

Yeah also have to check whether it is full custom, will take some photos and post it up, i believe it's just mufflers only.

Welcome to the p-car world, nothing is cheap! 

Archived