The Green Hell

Ah, a fat cat after my own heart! ;)

Mr Bell sure lays down a challenge that even the most coddled armchair driver struggles to beat! (should I say: coffee tabled driver! :P:D )

He gives fantastic instruction as he goes, isn't it interesting to see how different the vegetation is 25 years ago! Derr... makes sense I guess...

The difficulty in making laptime challenges on the PS3/Xbox etc, is that you can't be sure what "driver assistance" is dialed in to achieve the lap times... me, I have all traction control etc turned off, and basically set to the hardest settings believing that this should give me the closest to "real" driving experiences. I drive manually, but my concession is that I don't use the gearstick, paddles are the way when bouncing along at 300kph and not wanting to loose the grip on that fidgity steering wheel...

but hey, lets put it into perspective shall we...

Stefan Bellof: 6:11s - in a Porsche as well!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqFrqLBcCGk&feature=related

Kerry

The difficulty in making laptime challenges on the PS3/Xbox etc, is that you can't be sure what "driver assistance" is dialed in to achieve the lap times...

ok, point taken. we should drive only porsches, we should therefore have no driver assist, and, ensure our driving style mimics as closely as possible the following clip ... agreed?

Agreed! :D

... although, I am a little concerned that you're not taking this seriously enough though PAUNCHE. I think a quick run though of this video should provide you with all the answers to those tricky questions you might have...

:lol:B)

Kerry

Archived