997.2 C4S owners

Thommo66

Hi. New to the P forum and looking at first one. Looking to get some feedback from any 997.2 C4S MY08  Auto PDK owners. 

It will not be a DD ... perhaps a few times per week and mostly on w'ends.  Want something that is going to fun to drive but also has come of the creature comforts and holds that classic 911 styling.

Also interested in any guidance around pricing expectations.  There don't seem to be many around with low km's.

cheers

Hi Thommo,

I have that exact car and its fantastic. I went for the series 2 because of the PDK and I also wanted a convertible. Keep an eye out for C2S they are more available. Price will range from 100K-160K depending on condition/specs/Km's. Good luck with your search If you are ever in Sydney shoot me a pm and I will show you mine.

Richard.

Thanks for the reply Richard.  

I am looking at a C4S at the moment ( Coupe ) with only 50k's on the clock. Great condition.  Asking price is $145

I took it for a drive and it was awesome however - almost too refined.  This may sound bizarre but I'm wondering whether it may not be fun enough in terms of pure driving exhilaration. It will not be a DD.

I am wondering whether a manual will give me more of that.  The other question in my mind is whether I go back to the air cooled 993 for that raw driving feeling.

My first P.

cheers Ian

Ian, my CS4 was $130 with 55K's originally listed for $145 They are quite mundane to drive in normal mode but in sports plus and using the flappy paddles that mine was optioned with is a file of fun.  

You car seems like its a fair price but I hear what you are saying about a manual box. Both my turbo mx5's and my WRX are manual and it nice just to put it in drive and drive. Driving through the city in a manual for me is enjoyable at all.

Archived