History Research

tungatina64

Hi All,

I am researching the history of my car (ownership, location, servicing) back as far as I can (it is a 1976 model).

When I purchased it, it didn't come with service books.

I know it spent most of its life in NSW (I have its last NSW rego number), and most likely in the Sydney area, but can only get back as far as 2007 with service records.

I also know that it was purchased from John Newell Porsche Centre in Surry Hills NSW, but unfortunately they don't exist any more.

Any hints on how I should proceed with my investigations, besides ringing every Porsche mechanic in the Sydney area (and even then, the records may have been distorted by now)?

Mike

Hey Mike,

Maybe worth posting something on PCNSW for anyone knowing about the car? You may also be able to track some info using the VIN via revs or 'it it a lemon.com'.

Sure someone will know about your car - its a close community!

Cheers, Hugh.

• 3 months later...

Porsche Australia is amazingly helpful insomuch as what the car was delivered with and from which dealer.

The only other methods I can think of is to try and contact previous owners and see if they have retained anything, or if they can tell you who they bought the car off.

Archived