Aussie 987 Boxster different?

vale56

Hi guys, can anyone tell me if 987.1 (2005) Boxsters are in any way different to USA/European models? Am asking because I'm in the process of fitting having a Fabspeed valved exhaust cat-back fitted, and the vacuum plumbing appears to need modding beyond the supplied kit. Cheers

Yes, there is a difference. I had the Fabspeed on my 987.1 Boxster S. Autohaus Hamilton had to do a slight modification to the bolt holes to make it fit - esp after I put in H&R lowering springs. 

Can you back out of the deal? I won't recommend putting in the Fabspeed exhaust as it drones quite badly at around 2500rpm. And you lose low end torque - it pushes the power band up the rev range. I would put in the Carnewal modded stock exhaust instead. 

Yes, there is a difference. I had the Fabspeed on my 987.1 Boxster S. Autohaus Hamilton had to do a slight modification to the bolt holes to make it fit - esp after I put in H&R lowering springs. 

Can you back out of the deal? I won't recommend putting in the Fabspeed exhaust as it drones quite badly at around 2500rpm. And you lose low end torque - it pushes the power band up the rev range. I would put in the Carnewal modded stock exhaust instead. 

No, I can;t back out now, its on, finished today. My poor mechanic has had to go to Pirtek to get bits and pieces - apparently the vacuum outlet things (you can see I'm not technical!) that the adjustable valves link to weren't on my model and he had to do a lot of faffing around to get it all done, in 38 degree heat to boot!. It's been a long and drawn out process with Fabspeed - missing items from the sent package and delays in communication, but it's all done now. Yes it does drone a bit between 2 - 3000, but I can press a button and get rid of it now! With hindsight, Carnewal, Capristo ($$!), Soul, are all versions I now would have chosen from.....but it is what is now and I'm reasonably happy with it all.

Cheers

Archived