Tall Driver Mods

Super FX

Gday All,

I´m hoping to contact someone who has successfully modified the driving position to suit a Tall, long legged 6'4'' + driver.

We´d like to keep the car, an 83 sc, as std as possible....

Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I can relate to this issue (given I am 6'4" as well).

I have replaced the steering wheel with one with a smaller diameter which made a huge difference (mind you had to turn the speedo slightly so I can see the 100km/h mark).

I am also having new seats put in as we speak, and am having the rails lowered. Should know by tomorrow whether this has also made a difference. Stay tuned!

Very Nice looking 3.0 !

Exactly who i´m looking for !

I´m Real interested weather this makes the difference, Cant wait to find out your thoughts.

What seats and wheel are you using ? Have you tried a steering wheel spacer ?

How did you get on driving the car till now ?

Tuned in !

What seats and wheel are you using ? Have you tried a steering wheel spacer ?

I am nowhere near as tall as you but did not find the ergonomics of mid eighties 911 suit me well so have installed adjustable steering wheel spacer (along with a smaller steering wheel) and had extended gear lever made and find it very comfortable now.

The only issue you should be aware of is that spacer will push the steering wheel away from the indicator/wiper stalks which can be a blessing on motorkhana days (prevents you from accidentally turning on wipers while manically twirling the steering wheel left and right ;) ) but takes a bit of getting used to if driven in traffic.

• 2 weeks later...

sorry I haven't been back earlier.

My seat mods have worked really well.

They cut out the existing rails and welded in new lower brackets to fix the new rails for my new Cobra Suzuka seats. It has lowered me about 2 inches which has made a real difference and enables my legs to move more comfortably around the smaller diameter steering wheel. The seat cussion can me simply removed and moved slightly forward which lowers me even more when I am on the track.

Waiting for an opportunity to take a few photos to post...which may be next week.

Mike

Archived