Boxster Radio Code

Caver

Friends, I have a 2003 Boxster with a CDR23 Radio / CD unit. I'm about to install rear speakers and I hear horror stories about radios needing to be recoded after disconnecting the battery. I purchased my car 2nd hand and did not receive any radio codes. I have read various forums online and there are some who suggest that the 2003 models did not need a radio code, merely that the radio is matched to the instruments via the computer. Others state that a code is required and that it must be input by a dealer using their diagnostic software. Still others, state that the code is handwritten inside the boot lid...and so on. Seems to be different advice for different radio models. At the moment, I'm loath to disconnect my battery for fear of losing function, however, it must be done shortly. Can anyone give me informed advice regarding this?

Whilst were at it...does anyone know where I can obtain a wiring loom for a CD changer?

Cheers!

David.

Bit the bullet on the weekend and disconnected the battery. Had it removed for at least an hour whilst I performed my other work. Upon reconnection, everything came back to life. No problems with radio codes or anything. Even the preset stations were retained. So no problems at all! Rear speakers sound great too! A worthwhile update.

Archived