Stock radio replacement 911

johnnyporsche

I'm looking to swap the stock radio (CDR 220) on a 2002 911 C4S. 

I know there's lots of other pages and info on Rennlist etc which give advice on this but I don't want to do it myself, does anyone have a recommendation for an auto car radio fitter who would know about moving the HVAC control and  CD storage, etc?  I'm in the Adelaide area and have one recommendation but it didn't work out.

You will need to provide additional parts to move the HVAC controls down, i'll see if I can dig up the web page that lists the specific part numbers you'll need.

Any reason you want to move away from the CDR 220? On those models you should be able to plug an AUX cable (with a specific cable end) into the back of them.

I want to get bluetooth and satnav (Android Auto) on a double DIN unit, so it's not for the music ( - who needs any other music given the music coming out of the exhaust pipes?)

Thanks in advance for the part numbers.  Where's the best place to get 'em, shipped from US or local? 

(I'm a newbie, be gentle.    :-)   )

Ah yes, i'm going through that now but keeping my CDR23 with MOST which makes things even more complicated!

Anyway, I'll keep looking for that page with the part numbers - was a good write up.

As for US or local it varies part prices are quite strange sometimes significantly cheaper from the US or UK but more usually fairly reasonable from PCM or in your case PCA? (Porsche centre Adelaide).

Here is the write up with part numbers:

https://www.renntech.org/forums/tutorials/article/20-pcm-2-installation/

Archived