997.1 Starter Cable

Tom M

Just now, Tom M said:

Thanks, its actually the key housing/ shell which is cracked but will search the site to see if they have that.

Ah damn, don't think they sell the housing only whole key with the housing.

Worth a look though, haven't had any experience with the aftermarket housings on eBay, can't imagine them to be that bad but probably not great either.

1 minute ago, dan_189 said:

Ah damn, don't think they sell the housing only whole key with the housing.

Worth a look though, haven't had any experience with the aftermarket housings on eBay, can't imagine them to be that bad but probably not great either.

Yeah there are a few floating around on eBay...I will check out some other international websites too. It's not urgent being a spare (plus it still works) so happy to take my time with this one.

• 2 weeks later...

So turns out the issue with my slow start was not the cable but the starter motor itself. Diagnosed in 2 secs by the good folk at Jocaro, starter replaced and wow the difference is like night and day. She now fires up with gusto every time.

Also that's a thumbs up to Jocaro, service was great (picked up / delivered my car at home), pricing v good compared to Porsche. PM if anyone wants more detail. 

Archived