Minilites vs. Superlites...

Kerry

Hi Gang,

I've been considering a getting a spare set of Minilite rims for "IGY" the 2.7 Carrera. Primarily used for track work, I guess they'll get some use on the road as well, especially through the drier months. A full set of Fuchs seems a little over the top considering their cost, and the potential that trips to the sandpits/or worse, could be on the cards. As far as I can see, Miniltes seem to be the unofficial "other" wheel rim for these cars around 1975.

Recently someone commented that I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the two different brands - Minilite & Superlite (aluminium) - in either weight or performance, only the fact that Superlites were available directly in Australia, and that they were considerably cheaper.

Does anyone have any real world experience of the difference between? I have no problem buying the more expensive, however considering their use, it needs to be more than simply "having the right brand".

Comments Comrades?

Kerry

Cheers Hung,

I've decided on a different strategy for the comp' this year (namely driving my other car which already has a set of track rims and tyres) so an extra set of rims has suddenly become irrelevant...

Thanks for the input though.

Kerry

Archived