Recommendations for aftermarket stereo for 987 Boxster

• 1 month later...

What'd you go? 

If you don't have Bose, its a standard install, I bought the 987.1 surround from amazon, ~$250 and then installed a Kenwood DNX9170dabs. Looks very neat and fits in well.

I ordered the Kenwood from Carbon Car Systems. I'd use them again. They were a help 8 months after ordering when a firmware update when wrong, well I should have done as suggested and tried a different USB stick.

If you want a pic I can take one and post it.

Can’t help with a “looks like stock option”.

I have a a 986 and went for a double Din Kenwood unit + 3 way speakers (6.5 doors and 3.4 inch and 1 inch in the front dash + 8 inch sub in passenger footwel) + power amp in the frunk. Relocated the a/c control unit down and removed the storage compartment. With hindsight prob should have ditched the CD holdes and kept the storage box. There is a trim that you can purchase off eBay for the double din unit to look right.

F2A08C4D-BAA2-439D-BAE0-DB5188DBFBA9.jpeg

Here's the Kenwood DABS from 2017, integrated dash cam, second camera input for a reversing camera, Digital Radio, CD, DVD, Apple CarPlay, Google Auto.

My clutch has died and won't be fixed until at least the 7th of Jan, so I'll finally have the time to pull it apart again and replace the Temp + Fan buttons and finish routing the rear camera back to the boot. It's currently routed to under the passenger seat... got to figure out the rest.

yFWUfHfUR4GdHzVvj4G8GQ.thumb.jpg.d848b90eb917f6b71dfd8c3f377afd3d.jpg

Archived