Did Cayenne come with Advanced Off road PB1 in Australia ?

Dave_S

Did the series 1 Cayenne ever come optioned with PB1 in Australia, the "Advanced Off Road Technology" 

I have been searching with no luck, Porsche Brisbane were unsure but suspect it wasn't an option available here. They did find the option on their computer. It was std I believe on the Transsyberia and an option from 04/05 until the end of the series 1

Good question! I'm interested to see the answer. 

There's only one turbo for sale at the moment on carsales that has the front and rear alloy skid plates and sill protectors. Don't know if it's got the full PB1 option. I'm not in a position to buy as yet so haven't contacted the seller. 

It does have PDCC however,  so ticks the swaybar disconnect box per your rennlist post.

Does PDCC necessarily mean swaybar disconnects? 

If the schematic of the cars drive train on the console with the LED's shows 3 lights i.e. the system is in "off Road program, center diff locked, and rear diff locked" does that mean it has all those functions? The cars seem to have all three LED's but I don't think all cars have those functions.

Do all cars up to 2010 have low range.

Sorry for the dumb questions and thanks for the help.

• 2 months later...

Thanks, it would seem PB1 never came to Australia, disappointing, but as you say PDCC has sway bar disconnect when the off road program is enabled. Although I can't find where Porsche call it disconnect however in the pb1 option they do.

I wonder if they might be different and maybe PDCC still has some control rather than just opening an open path for the fluid to pass.

With the disconnect there is a specific icon on the control selector that lights up.

If the PDCC doesn't fully release the sway bar function it would be a simple process to fit a solenoid valve between the two lines, which would achieve the same end.

images (8).jpeg

• 6 months later...

Sorry Dave_S, I missed this post earlier.

Everything I've read or been told is that the PDCC fully disconnects the sway bars when off road is selected.

I haven't been looking with much interest at the market for most of the year, partly because I'm clearly dreaming with regards to what I think my Touareg is worth and as a result haven't sold it yet. 😋😭

However, now I'm kind of browsing the market again it seems there are still plenty of owners who list PDCC as a fitted option in their ad when it's not fitted! Sh*ts me to tears! 😠😠😠