Cardan shaft for 04 Cayenne S

longboardbob

G'day folks this is my first post on this forum.

My cardan shaft centre support bearing is beginning to fail and i've looked at loads of info regarding them and yes I know they are a weak part and fail on a regular basis my reason for posting is i'm looking to buy a replacement shaft or repair the centre support bearing buying one from the Porsche centre in Brisbane is expensive ($2400) :angry::o way overpriced,and i'm trying to source a cheaper alternative.My options seem to be order a centre support bearing and replace($80-$100) or fit one of the Vertex units($471Aus) that replace the support rubber.My question is has anyone found a source in Australia for the shafts as they are made by GKN and are available overseas for approx.. $350(us) even with shipping would be a hell of a lot less than the Porsche centre.

Cheers, Bob . :D

Hi Bob

The $350 cardan shaft is going to be the front one, I suspect. I can supply the front one, if that is what you are after, and have the rear in stock.

I can supply the support bearing, but to fit it the cardan shaft needs to be cut and then welded up again and re-balanced. I looked into supplying reconditioned cardan shafts, but it would work out more expensive than supplying the new GKN shaft. If you want to go down the reconditioning route, I have the support bearing in stock, as well as the rubber flex disk.

PM me your phone number (or any questions) if you want to discuss further, or feel free to call me on (02) 9905 0096.

James

Archived