The making of a legend

Hello all Porsche fans,

Great video of perhaps the greatest ever 'tuned' Porsche the RUF-CTR 'Yellowbird'. A circa 1987 340 Km/hr crazy machine driven around the Nurburgring by RUF test driver Stefan Roser, nicknamed 'sideways' Stefan. Roser is pushing every boundary, passing traffic on the ring like they are at a standstill. He makes corrections of the wheel almost faster than the eye can see and at speeds the mind can barely comprehend. He does this while outrageously hanging the tale out in a car with no airbags, no stability or traction control, no active suspension management and no......helmet.

Enjoy

AndyS

Stefan Roser is a FREAK! :blink:

A Lair, and a FREAK! :D

And all the while in his polo shirt, white socks and loafers!!!

Its up there with "Rendezvous" as far as as classic car footage is concerned. I'm not saying it was out before the whole drifting thing took off, but I don't remember there being that many videos of lairy tail wagers! Maybe I don't watch enough American Muscle Car vids, except thet're usually trying to drive in a straight line! ;):P

The second Fanzination video just didn't quite live up to the first though, I don't think it was Stefan, I think he was dead by then.

Kerry

Archived