997.1 Manual wheel swap to 997.2 Sports with paddles

A bundle of joy!

Hi
New member reaching out to get some advise about swapping my 997.1 (2007) manual wheel to a 997.2 wheel with paddles, see pict.

I want to replace the oem 997.1 manual, non MF wheel to a sports design 997.2 with paddle shifts, that I have removed from the wheel. I suspect I have a first gen control module and was wondering if I should get the second gen module for my wheel. I have also programmed to MF using PIWIS on my car in anticipation of the new wheel, but the horn is not working. With this in mind I suspect that I need to change to the newer control module. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks K.

88ed3b7f-893a-4408-83ff-b69054bce65a.JPG

Hi 

Sorry for the confusion. I'm in the UK and its 2 am in the morning - I should have been in bed ages ago!

So the oem wheel on the car was a manual on a manual car. I purchased a used Paddle wheel and air bag from a .2 and removed the paddles from the wheel, but kept the wiring in the wheel. I then used PIWIS to change the setting on the car to MF. After trying this new wheel I find the horn does not work at all. I suspect either the wiring is at fault as it is the same wiring that cam with the paddle wheel or it may be the controller. But I am confused, because the forums say that if you are not wanting a MF wheel then you don't require the newer controller. Im having trouble finding a definitive answer. Attached is a pict of the original oem wheel. Thanks again.

Screenshot 2021-10-23 at 02.09.04.png

1 hour ago, Kul said:

I suspect either the wiring is at fault as it is the same wiring that cam with the paddle wheel or it may be the controller. But I am confused, because the forums say that if you are not wanting a MF wheel then you don't require the newer controller. Im having trouble finding a definitive answer. Attached is a pict of the original oem wheel. Thanks again.

Screenshot 2021-10-23 at 02.09.04.png

Arrh I see , I think you are on the right track with double checking the electrics , Good luck .