MAZDA RACEWAY LAGUNA SECA 1.

Niko,

Some great shots of great cars!  

Just one question do you have something for 914/6's?

I am a bit harsher and more critical than most, but the panning shots are not anywhere near as good as they should be (IMHO)to be posted on a popular motorsport website....but the cars come up well.

Mike I love 914's, if I was still out in the work force and not living off super (no need to get out the hankies) I would have one in the garage in blink of an eye. I think they are really something different and special. I guess some would think of them as the gap toothed red headed step son of the family, and they may be right and if you were going to name it after an animal it would have to be a "warthog"

If I ever get back to the states I might have a look around....

Seen this one at a swap meet last time I was there....

LASTDAYSUSA48.jpg

Niko, a mate of mine in North Hollywood has just bought his back and is going to rebuild it! 

Another has a rocketship 3.0 litre version of one. Dave drives the wheels off the thing, he is the disorganizer (his terminology) of Targa California. The term drive it like its stolen, I think, was invented for him! His car has the unfortunate name of the Cockroach! 

Here is some video from Targa from last year with Chuck and I chasing the Cockroach.

Nice drive Mike, if it wasn't for being on the wrong side of the road, it looks like one of our SMT's.

Not one car coming the other way either. The "cockroach" was certainly no slouch, I like the way he uses all the road. Whatever you were in, was obviously up to the task as well. (what were you in, sounded nice?) Good roads with a couple of nice "bring up the brekky" dips in there.

Thanks for that. Cool clip!

The 3litre rocketship sounds interesting..

I was in a genuine 2.4S taken to RS specs in the engine, with a really good responsive chassis. We did 700 miles on roads like that in 3 days! Masssive fun it was!!

SENNA SATIONAL....Like a Canberra SMT only bigger..

Archived