911 electricals

pommygeezz

Well I have my 911 and have gutted the interior new carpets headlinding and door panels on the way. however when the windows wer removed the heated rear window had no wires, I guess I can run but but where is the relay to be found?

Also tring to remove the light switch, but if I pull off all the wires how will i know wher to put them back is just so hard to see in that cramped spot uder the dash.

Some other issues with interior lights not working either, slowly working them through but the wiring looks in a mess, I need more patience and time

Any help or advice welcomed.

Hi, sounds like a big project underway. You could try Porsche cars Australia for the wiring diagrams. Paul Girt, the spare parts manager might be able to help out with this. He is a member of the forum so if you do a search you should find his contact to send him a PM.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Chris

Hi,

Rear Window heater relay is situated in the engine compartment under the black plastic cover on the the LHS.

It is the large silver one.

Use your digital camera to take a picture of the wiring the flash will generally pick up the colour and position.

R Dave

Aghhhhh the electicals are killing me, I m following the diagrams but just cant find the same colour code to connect to and its only the interior lights.

As for the HRW I cant find any silver can for the relay, Can see other boxes but have no clue what they are for, just wondering If I have bitten off more than I can chew.

still wish I knew how to remove the ignition switch and lighet switch so I can remove the lower part of the dash trim

The car was running ok But the interior was very shabby, so I thought I would pull it apart. now it is a 1983LHD conversion, with a 3.2 but when I pulled out the rear window I saw no cables to the HRW, the interior lights seem to have the wires but an air gap between the cable and wher they may need to connect to but I dont see any colour code that would match up. So It will come together but probably heaps of swearing. So if anyone know about the electricals on these and might want to assist and they live near Rowville Vic drop me a line would love to hear from someone who knows this stuff and is willing to help for beers.... :rolleyes:

Trev

Found the relay thanks, just now running the wires. As for the interior lights yeah maybe they should rund to the alarm but I still think that they should work when the door is open, should be straightforward but not proving so easy at this time. If anyone has an early 80's 911 and live near rowville Vic and would not mind me taking a look at the car it would be appreciated.

Trev :rolleyes:

Archived