Sydney to London Rally

myred911

Greetings all,

The 2014 Sydney to London Rally is set to start on April 11 in Sydney and end in London on May 10.

Numerous Porsches are entered including the famous Tuthill-prepared cars.

Not much point in re-typing all the details all of which appear on their website.

http://www.transworldhistoricrallying.com/

I plan a trip to Renmark and possibly Tanunda in SA.

Hopefully I will be able to spot the cars in full flight on one of the special stages around Renmark.

A recce is in order.

cheers

rEd

Thanks Red

Can't believe how few people ended up entering, such a shame.

I had an entry in, having bought the Perana to do events like this, but the constant changes to the format made me lose enthusiasm, like a lot of others it seems.

There are a couple of WA Porsche guys in it (Bennett and Atwell) and I will be watching them with interest in their V8 Fords.

Yes politics at play. In the end the fun bit looked like the European leg from Turkey to London. The UK leg looked really interesting with lots of British WRC stages. I'm sure they will have fun, but they get next to no time in Perth to fix the cars after the Australian leg, so it won't be easy if they have car issues.

• 2 months later...

Sad to see that the event has degenerated into a casual drive across Europe with no stages at all for the last week, and cancellations in the UK. Terrible shame and quite possibly the most expensive drive of all time. My mates are just having a lunch by lunch V8 trip. Great reading but you can feel the disappointment in their posts on Facebook.

Archived