Best garage for 2005 987 Boxster S in NSW / VIC?

Prav

SUPER QUICK SUMMARY:

Hey guys.

I want someone to look at my IMS and clutch status. Should I go to:

1) BWA Auto in Seven Hills (apparently they are the importer for LN Engineering)

2) AutoHaus Hamilton in Dee Why (Grant has been really polite)

3) Weltmeister in Melbourne (Matt has been a champion!)

4) Somewhere else? 

Would be great to know what people think of these garages.

I will most likely get a post purchase service done by P Centre Willoughby for $695 (it gives me 12 months of P roadside assist) and get them to give me the filter to cut up.....

AND THE FULL POST:

Dear Team,

So I have bitten the bullet. 2005 987 Box S Manual with 71,000kms on the odometer. So far, all servicing done annually through P centres only (Parramatta, Melbourne and Willoughby). Most recent service done 6 months ago.

I am wanting the car to be serviced, have the oil filter taken out and checked for IMS / engine debris, change over the oil and, potentially, drop the gearbox and get an idea of which size IMS I have and the degree of wear on the clutch - maybe change it all if clutch is worn / engine can take the IMS solution.

I spoke at length to the owner at BWA Auto in Seven Hills. Apparently they are the importer for LN products, including the IMS solution. He says the best move, to protect the car, is to bring the car in, drop the gearbox, take a look at the clutch and IMS and change whatever can / needs to be changed (and at least know I have the larger IMS bearing or the small one.....). The exercise is upto $5000! (Yikes!).

I am also tossing up, if the oil filter is free of any debris, whether I should just drive the car to Canberra / Melbourne or wherever I have to go and attend to the problem down the track, just keep checking the filter every 5000kms..... (which a $1300 per year exercise, sad face.....).

Has anyone heard of BWA? Are they good?

Should I go elsewhere? Autohaus Hamilton? Weltmeister Melbourne?  BWA do all sorts of prestige marques, whilst Autohaus and Weltmesiter are P specific.

Thoughts?

As always, thank-you.

PK

Archived