Rust in the Posrche

twood

When I bought my 964 C2 about 5 years ago and it had some rust showing in the front drivers guard and around the rear window. I sent to a car repair business in Ipswich that had been recommended. The rust repair and the spray paint was so badly done that I eventually threatened to take them to the Small Claims Court and after much persuasion they refunded all the money paid.

Within 2 years the rust reappeared in exactly the same place. I had put off having it repaired because I just could not find anyone that I felt would do an reasonable job.

I was told of a place in Sumner Park that do restoration work on classic cars called Sixties Rust. I took the car to them both to see what work they did and a quote.

The car came back to me about 2 weeks ago and I am very happy with the job. They commented on how badly the previous repair had been done. My only complain is the areas repaired and repainted now look much better than the rest of the car but that is one of the joys of having a 20 year old car and not being able to afford a full respray.

The job was completed on time and within budget.

So if you are in SE QLD and have a similar situation I would highly recommend them. Look them up on Google or contact me and I will give you their contact details.

Its nice when you find someone that still takes pride in their work

Archived