Introduction - DrivePorsches.com.au hi

Hi everyone

I've had the pleasure of owning a 77 C3 for the last ten or so years and have recently had the pleasure of adding to this with a 987, 993, 996 & 997 in order to start a Porsche based touring company.  It's nice to see an active local alternative to other forums & I look forward to catching up with the sydney based folk for a drive one day.  If you're every down in my neck of the woods (Helensburgh) flick me an email the day before & pop in if I'm not out on a drive!

If any of you are in the market for any of the above cars, also feel free to drop in to have a good look & get some seat time (it might cost you a coffee so be warned).

Regards,

Gavin

Pics to follow :)

Hi Gavin,

Welcome to PFA. What a tough job,I would hate to fund it but would love to drive and wash Porsche's everyday and get paid for it.

Looking forward to some pictures of your cars. Particularly the talbot yellow beauty.

What's the next Pcar you're looking to add to the collection?

Hi Gavin, welcome to PFA. Great concept you have there, someone does something similar up here with Ferrari's and Lambo's. I have to say though I find your lack of a 964 disturbing! I would suggest you PM Kerry about PFA sponsorship, we have quite a few new members joining who are looking for their first P-car, your operation could give them the opportunity to try out a few models before deciding what to hunt for.

Hi Ben & NJ

Yes - the c3 is a favourite of mine & I think I might have a nice rear photo uploaded in the 'butt shot' thread.

It's a fun job no doubt but not without its challenges :)

We aim to have a collection spanning the range so we're currently missing a 964, G series client car (The C3 is only for clients that I now & trust given it's connection to my family) and a longhood.  I'd love to get a 'cafe racer' type longhood - noisy, raw & with a few racing bits & bobs as it seems there may be a desire to drive such a car based on clients we've had.  A nice 964 C2 would also be great but just as difficult to find.  The 991's leave me cold but I guess we'll need to get one at some point - I see the Caymans as more of a true successor to the 911 as the 911 morphs into more of a GT car.

I've swapped emails with Kerry & sponsorship is certainly in our future.  Interesting point you make as about half of our clients seem to be prospective owners of 911's looking for a substantial driving opportunity.  

Gavin

Archived