Wheel Spacers

KBGr4

Hi all,  I want to get a broad view on using  bolt on hub centric type wheel spacers in motorsport events (that's the H&R type of spacer).

I have followed several threads on Pelican etc  but have discounted much that appears there as not coming from people who have  actually used or have personal knowledge of the parts in question.

As some of you know I am (still) building my 911 Group IV clone and while I have a set of period correct Gotti's in  9 x 15 and 11 x 15's fitted and look great  I cannot use them in Targa events as I understand there is a 9" limit on rim width. So having some Fuchs in 7 & 8 x 16 I intend using them or maybe some Simmons three piece rims in standard type offset.

OK so having said all that it means I need to use some pretty large spacers to get things back into perspective . Almeras in France say 60 and 70 mm spacers are necessary. Not ever having used any spacers in the past I wanted to ask what your experiences have been.

I intend to try and contact the factory museum as I remember Walter drove the old Group IV car a couple of years ago in Tasmania and it was on  what looked like 8 & 9" rims so must have had spacers of some type.

Archived